“Just OK - No Comparison to AC and Mohegan”
Review of Empire City Casino

Empire City Casino
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Empire City is convenient, huge and has lots of slots but it is almost impossible to get on the Game King slots to play Poker. They advertise as having tables but they are not tables like you would expect - they currently only have electronic tables which is disappointing. It is usually crowded and I have found it hard to get a waitress when I wanted a drink while playing. There is lots of parking in the back with shuttles but the $10 Valet parking is the only way I will go. The horse-racing floor was scary when I went to collect my Kentucky Derby winnings and basically had to stand on a line with a target on my back saying how much $ I was there to collect. Don't go alone is all I have to say!

The Food Court is usually crowded - I say go across the street to the Raceway Diner.

There are newer reviews for Empire City Casino

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Although this so called "casino" is nothing fancy like Vegas casinos, it still offers a decent atmosphere and the staff is nice. The patrons aren't so friendly, lots of angry people and have absolutely no manners. If you're a Vegas or Atlantic City goer, don't expect a happy, fun crowd.
No for the games. I will basically only play Craps simply because it's my favorite table game, but at Empire City...what table?! It's a stupid automated system where the dice/table is extremely rigged to make sure you never get ahead. We all know that the house has the advantage, but this place is ridiculous. If you watch the large dice roll in the center, you can tell that something is literally pulling/weighing them down because they don't land like normal dice or even large play dice.
The 8 times I have been there, 7 times I have lost. Whenever I play at a real table or even on my ipad, I come out ahead more so than I do at Empire City. I consider myself to be smart at betting on the options for Craps, but there is something very fishy how this wannabe casino plays the public. For example, I find it very strange that any established point numbers numbers will have about 3-4 (at most) long lasting rolls before it hits either the point number or a seven and after these 3-4 rolls it will land on a 7 for the next 10-15 times after a point number has been established. This strange roll of events happens continuously here, not continually.
This is what I have recorded.
2 ,7
6, 7
9, 7
6,8 ,8, 4, 10, 10, 10, 2, 10, 8, 6
8,7
8,7
9, 6, 9
9, 5, 5, 2, 7
Doesn't this look odd to you? It gets worse.

19  Thank Zed120
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Games, Food, Music, Prizes and more... Theres something for everyone. Most people are surprised as to all there is to offer. Security is on the ball so no funny stuff will get by them with all the cameras in this place. Love it! Fun place and easy to meet new people. Everyone is usually in a good and pleasant mood even when they lose,lol. I recommend that you give it a try. Check the monthly calendar online for all events.

1  Thank Latingem7
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went here as a favour for someone back home. Since the last shuttle is at 6pm, you better have driven out, cos it's hell trying to get a cab. They hae only 1 of each table that is advertised and it is actually $10 minimum bet. There was one restaurant which had juse opened and had lounge singers. stayed only ong enough to eat and then had to pay a huge amount to get back to the city.

4  Thank susquatro
Reviewed March 26, 2013

no table games, all machines in spite of their misleading advertising. Noisy and overcrowd with a lot of low life people.

5  Thank john u