“If You Like Brazilian Steakhouses...This is a Great Choice!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

First let me start by saying that I never give out five stars, because there is always room for improvement. With that said, Texas de Brazil of Ridgehill gets my highest rating of a 4. So why a four:

Location/Atmosphere: Located in the somewhat newly developed Ridgehill Mall in Yonkers, NY; which within it's self is a nice place to visit (just be prepared to pay for parking). The exterior of the restaurant is very warm and inviting. As soon as you walk in, you enter into the bar area, and then are escorted to the dining area. REGISTRATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Inside, the restaurant looked very clean. The lights were dimmed, to set the mood I guess. The setup was nice, a little tighter than I expected, but not too tight.

Food: I am a "foodie", so when I say their food is good, I mean its good. They have so many meats to choose from (which the servers carry on skewers and walk around from table to table with, not really sure how sanitary that is though). They all taste really good (try the steak and the lamb). They also have a food bar with various choices to choose from as well. This is an all you can eat place, so I would recommend going when you're hungry.

Price: It's $50 per person, which does not include drinks and desserts. If you when you're hungry and you really eat, then its worth it. If you go when you're not hungry, then it is not worth it.

Service: The night in which I went was a Friday night, and it was right after work so the place was not at all busy. My guest and I had three different servers serving us. One server constantly tried to get us to buy some wine and sangrias. Outside of that, we really didn't have a problem with the service. From the moment we arrived to the time we left, we were satisfied with our service, even tipped 20%, which says a lot coming from me. I normally tip the standard 15%.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this location if you are looking for good food and a nice atmosphere. If are a meat person, you will also enjoy this place. Unless you have money to just burn, I would definitely recommend only going here for your first time steakhouse experience and/or for special occasions.

Remember , reservations are required.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Honored reservation request for 8 less than a week in advance, during restaurant week!
Love the buffet. Although my husband and I are not big meat eaters, we shared a taste of most of the cuts. Ideal restaurant setting. Appropriate setting for families as well.
Loved the slightly dim lighting. Wished waiter checked up on us a few more times.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The best dining experience that I have had in a long time. The food is so good, you can't ask for anything more.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

As a brazilian I can say this place is good. The brazilian beer selection is very weak. They only have Xingu and Palma Louca which Brazilians never heard about it..... Anyway, the caipirinhas were really good tho! A must try for anyone looking for a nice and fresh cocktail! Overall the service was great and they will prepare the beef medium well If you want. The salad bar has some Brazilians famous sides like vinagrete, farofa, palmito, rice and beans. They also bring caramelized bananas at the table and some paō de queijo.
The meat is good but the picanha was lacking salt! The fraldinha was my favorite. Deserts are to die for, the chocolate cake was divine! Print ou the vip discount on their website and get $25% Sunday-Thursday!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I have been to this location of Texas de Brazil many times. With family and friends. We decided this year for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week to organize a group family dinner. There were 14 including 3 small children. Some adults as well as the children had never been to the restaurant. We were thrilled that everyone had a great time. We couldn't have asked for better service, prompt seating, extremely attentive to everyone at the table. We were there for quite sometime, but no one rushed us. Hard for children to sit for a long time, but the children were fantastic and enjoyed the variety of foods. The selections, as usual, were great. At the end of the meal my niece noticed that I had lost a earring. Servers, management looked all around for my earring. They took down my information and said they would call. Well the very next day, they called and said they found my earring. The attentiveness to my concerns alone - I would give them a 5!!! We recently purchased the amazing dining and dessert cards they offer. Well worth the money - wonderful family experience.