“Save your appetite for this one!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 327 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Texas de Brazil is a beautiful restaurant situated in a new mall in Yonkers. We were welcomed by our very attentive server, Dominique. She carefully explained what meats would be served at our table and how to use the chip at our table. Green means to "bring on the meat" and red means you would like to coast for awhile. We started out with a pitcher of the red sangria and it was delicious. The salad bar had such an amazing selection of food to chose from but don't fill up here because you have the roving meat arriving at the table along with garlic mashed potatoes and bananas to cleanse the palate between courses. The desserts looked fabulous but I had no room! The meal is $46.99 per person + tax and tip. Drinks and desserts are extra. It would be an ideal place to celebrate a special occasion!

1  Thank scronk73
There are newer reviews for Texas de Brazil

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I happened to have dined here recently with my husband and let me tell you the service by Dominique was the best service we ever received ! She was very informative and wine knowledgable , she made me and my husband feel so comfortable there. I have never came across a waitress with such mannerism that she had portrayed. My husband happens to own a restuarant on Central Avenue ,and said that her service blew his waiters and waitresses out the water !!!My husband said "she could teach them a thing or to " . I'm sorry for the grouchy person that made horrible assumptions on this wonderful girl but she's by far the best server in Texas De Brazil . We have went back there 3 times since we have had her service.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great restaurant. Beautiful decor. Service was excellent --attentive servers. Food was soo good. The lamb chops were the best! The lobster bisque very good. Nice wine selection. Great desserts. Highly recommended
everything was very good

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've been seeing their ads in the magazines on airplanes for several years and happened to be near one that had just opened ion Yonkers NY in the Westchester Ridge Hill Mall.Looking for something new, and having never been to the "gaucho style" steakhouses, I took a chance and decided to see what the hoopla was all about.

Let me see aesthetically the place was a feast for the eyes with probably the largest and most beautiful fresh flower display I have ever seen above their 50 item hot & cold salad bar. I was seated immediately and my server was promptly at the table suggesting their specialty Brazilian Mojito, which I gladly accepted and was pleasantly surprised to find was anything but, routine . Wow, what a great cocktail that was.

I tired the salad bar and was greatly impressed with the wide variety of choices including a couscous and cranberry cold salad that was simply heaven. Meanwhile my waiter, who was impeccably dressed, had brought some warm, very small cheese bread balls, which simply melted in my mouth. SO much for salad and cocktails; bring on the meat!

I turned over my serving medallion to green which lets the roaming, traditionally dressed servers know that you want them to stop by your table. Good Lord, they must have radar as it seems that within 2 minutes I had 5 servers dropping freshly carved portions of meat onto my plate. Sirloin, filet mignon, garlic roasted pork, chicken and lamb chops suddenly appeared on my plate and I was forced to quickly turn the serving medallion over to red to stop the procession. Each meat presented was perfectly roasted and cooked to perfection.

My server asked if I needed another plate and walked away with the used plate only to have another waiter suddenly appear and place a fresh plate before me in less than 10 seconds.

All in all, I give this place 4.5 stars on service, food quality and ambiance.Very suitable for a romantic dinner for two. I will no doubt return to another Texas de Brazil if this is representative of their restaurants in general.

Drinks and all , out the door with tip and tax for $77.61.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went here last night for my best friends birthday dinner. It was my husband & I and my friend and her boyfriend. We knew ahead of time it would be pricey, but both my friend & I had $20 off coupons (per couple). Our waitresses name was Dominique. She was very nice and informative when we first sat down. She said she was going to be just one of many of our servers so reflecting after the fact, I hope that the tips are shared with the many other servers who bring the meat to the table. She offered us either sparkling or stilled bottled water. Thinking that was our only choices, we said still water. She bought out this $6 bottle of water for the 4 of us to share. She said we could help ourselves to the salad bar where there was soup and rice & beans and a many other delicious options. I had myself an amazing salad with fresh veggies, cheeses, bacon, etc. Very, very good! On my way back, I spotted large pitchers of water lined up on a table and became a little annoyed. Back at the table, after a few sips none of us had water left. Dominique came back and offered us another bottle. My friends boyfriend said, How much is it? She rolled her eyes!!! But then she said it was like $6 bucks. I was kind of annoyed because where *I* come from, water is FREE. So I said, we want TAP WATER please. She said OK and even though when we returned from the salad bar she was waiting by our seats to see if we wanted fresh cracked pepper for our salads, it took her about 10 minutes to bring us the water! There were several gentleman coming around with the meat by this time, so I flipped over my little card and received delicious Top Sirloin (highly recommend this cut of meat!) I don't like mine too red so I asked for medium well, it was perfect and delicious. I don't recommend any of the chicken.. i tried 2 diff. types and it was very dry. My husband recommends the flank steak. We decided to rest for about 10 mins before ordering dessert. During that time we produced our coupons to our waitress. We had read the coupon very closely a few times before choosing the night we were going to go there for dinner. The coupon was valid on a check for 2 full price dinners, it was $20 off. It said on reservations for 4 ppl you could use up to 2 coupons. She looked at the coupons and said "It's usually 1 coupon per table. But I'll see what I can do." She was a little snotty about it, even though it said in black & white that 2 coupons could be used per resv. of 4. She did eventually come back around and said that both coupons could be used. When she took our dessert order, my friend (the birthday girl) wanted the chocolate cake. The waitress said "With a scoop of ice cream?" And my friend was like... Oh.. ok, sure. My friends boyfriend asked for coffee and our waitress was right behind me, I didnt hear her reply at all. So when she walked away, I asked him... is she going to bring you coffee? He said, well, she nodded, so I guess so. All desserts were great...but when the bill came, they charged us $2.50 for the scoop of vanilla ice cream. REALLY?? Yeah, it was only $2.50 on a $200 dinner bill, but yaknow.. don't be sneaky about things. First the water, then the snotty behavior and eye rolling attitude problem and then the sneaky ice cream charge? Not necessary. Like.. don't worry chick, you'll get a tip when we leave, you don't need to act like we slapped you in the face all night. Dinner was great, wonderful salad bar... but my friend, when it was all over, said she was very disappointed with the service Dominique gave. We gave her 15% & enjoyed our meals, but we all agreed that for the price, the service given strictly by Dominique wasn't really worth returning.

3  Thank aimeedarling