“Surprisingly Good”

Yard House
Ranked #6 of 331 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went there a few months back to grab a quick drink, just to see what the vibe was. At the time I thought it was hectic, crowded and noisy. This past weekend we returned for dinner and drinks and thoroughly enjoyed it all. We sat outside on their "patio" and basked in the cool breeze and believe it or not, low noise levels. I'm not a huge beer drinker but could not resist a glass of the woodchuck pear, which was refreshing. My boyfriend and I shared the jerk wings, which were mediocre at best. However, his bearnaise burger and my thai noodle chicken salad were amazing. They have a wide selection of wines, beers, cocktails and food, that I'm sure even the pickiest souls would find something to interest their palate. I also like the bar area which is huge and can accommodate many. My only complaint was while waiting for our outside seats we saddled up to the bar to get a drink and our bartender took forever and we were seated before having a chance to have our pre-dinner libation. I would definitely recommend.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hi Harlemstyle - We are very sorry about the slow bar service and "mediocre" jerk wings you received. This is certainly not up to our standards and we would like to address your concerns. When time permits, please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Since this was our first time in the area,we asked the folks are the front desk where would they recommend as a place to eat. They mentioned the usual stuff that you can find at home, but also mentioned that the Westchester Ridge Hill Mall was a few minutes away, so we hopped in the car and went there. Many food options to choose from but we have always liked the Yard House so we parked and in we went. Great atmoshpere, awesome customer service and we had a fantastic waiter who knew what she was talking about. Definitely a place to go, have fun, drink beer and eat a good meal. We decided that we'd split our meals so ordered the Kung Pao Calamari (candied walnuts, red peppers, celery, carrots with jasmine or brown rice), Blue Crab Cakes (with mango papaya chutney, passion fruit beurre blanc and tomato oil) and the Ahi Crunchy Salad (Ahi tuna seared rare, field greens, asian slaw and crispy wontons tossed in soy vinaigrette). Washed it down with a couple Chimay Triple (is golden and slightly hazy with fruity notes of muscat grapes and raisins).

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great place to have just a beer or glass of wine or a full dinner. The food is excellent. Typical Yard House decor.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I like the Yard house, they have a very diverse menu and believe it or not it can be difficult to find good food in Yonkers. I really like what they’ve done in Ridge Hill, it’s clean and has stores you can’t find in Cross County. I like Cross County but no matter how nice they make it….the same nasty people work there and shop there. The one odd thing about Yard House is the staff breaks. The waiter will come up to you and say I’m going on my break and this other person will be taking care of you. I feel like some how I’m always there when shifts change or an employee goes on break. The service is overall ok but there have been times when you can’t find your waiter or you lose track of who is taking care of you because of the frequent breaks and/different food runners.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My cousin suggested we go there from her experience at the Atlanta one. I was a little apprehensive and thought it might have been like an AppleBee's but I was pleasantly surprised. The menu has a GREAT selection of everything. This was the first time I have seen a restaurant offer you a snack, appetizer and entree size. I ordered the deviled eggs, shrimp ceviche, sweet potato fries and the garlic noodles with shirmp, mushroom, lobster and crab. In addition because it was Mother's Day they were kind enough to offer free desserts for the table. AWESOME! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Great experience!