“Fun venue with surprisingly good food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #7 of 321 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
New York
“Fun venue with surprisingly good food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant but my first lunchtime experience. I had arranged to meet a friend for lunch and wasn't sure what the atmosphere would be like in the day, it was jumping the evening we went. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the atmosphere at lunch was just the same,very lively with a real mix of people, ladies, families, power lunchers and everyone seemed to be having a good time. You wouldn't think you were in a r estaurant in a mall!
Our server was friendly and helpful and our food arrived promptly and was really good. I love it when somehwere like this, a chain with no pretensions actually turns out really good food. There is something for everyone on the menu with old favourites mixed in with some more unusual dishes. The value for moeny is excellant. I will definately return.

• Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
“Best of the Ridge Hill Mall Complex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've eaten at 7 of the places at Ridge Hill so far -- there is at least 1 -- a burger place -- i haven't yet tried. This place, a branch of a chain from Orange County, Ca is most consistently best. It's a beer place and they have 100+ varieties. The beers are very good of course but the surprising thing is the food -- they are able to produce even fairly ambitious dishes with a remarkable degree of fidelity to the originals - from the jambalaya to the various pastas (served al dente). Food comes out hot -- nontrivial in a megarestaurant of this sort. That said, I would avoid the vaguely sushi-oid effort of the spicy tuna roll -- a stacked affair marred by excesseive edamame. The place does get crowded and is pretty loud and boisterous but it's ok to go with kids.

• Visited March 2013
England
“FAB food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

You have to go to the Yard House, a trendy, relaxed bar, the décor is modern making it seem a little cold, but who cares, the food luscious! The wait time for the food was fine, the cost of the food was great, we'd chose to sit at the bar, and the bar staff were friendly and super efficient.

There is plenty of drinks whether is be wine, beer or spirits and cocktails to choose from, and its an atmosphere for all ages, family with children, couples, friends or just a place to hang out.
Based on my experience, the service and the price, I would recommend anyone going to where there is a Yard House to pay them a visit!

• Visited November 2012
Yonkers, New York
“Not consistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been to Yard House A few times. The first two times I went to this restaurant I loved it I even brag about it to my family in Long Island and got some of them over here in Yonkers to try it out. Unfortunately on my Third visit with my family my experience was subpar We had an extremely long wait but that's okay because it was a Saturday night so that was expected. When we finally got to our table it was dirty and the hostess that sat us down put the menu on top of food that was left on the table by the previous guest. I ended up asking for paper napkins and cleaning off the menu and the table. The food portions definitely seem to have gotten smaller since the last couple of times I've been there. I'm not a big beer drinker but have always enjoyed their mixed drinks their mango Mojitos are amazing! The staff is usually nice but on my last experience my hostess was very rude. Me and hubby have decided to give this place one last shot so we plan on going there again tonight we will keep you posted.

Visited February 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hi Denise F - We are mortified to hear that one of our team members treated you in this manner, certainly not acceptable! We absolutely would like to make this right. Please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com. Thank you!
DeWitt, New York
“Good for beer lovers, food okay but nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you like to try different kinds of beers, there are plenty of choices here. But if you aren't a beer lover, you might be a little less enthusiastic.

I ordered a taco platter and did a double-take when it arrived, initially thinking that the wrong meal was being served. The tacos consisted of small mounds of meat and filling sitting on top of what have to be the smallest burrito-style tortillas I have ever seen. If you have a big appetite, you might be disappointed. Though I controlled the inner glutton in me and forced myself to take smaller bites, these tacos were about four bites worth apiece. The beans that came on the side were in a small ramekin and overall, had I not shared an appetizer with the rest of the family, I could easily have left barely satisfied. The quality was good, but not spectacular. From what I could see of the meals of others at the table, this was true to some degree for them as well.

So if you are looking for a pub that has slightly better than the usual pub food, this may appeal to you. If you are really hungry and looking for a hearty meal, especially if you are not big on beer, you will probably be happier elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Joe H. - We are sorry to hear that we failed to leave you with a great impression of us. We would really like a chance to see if we can turn things around. Do you mind emailing us at guestservices@yardhouse.com when time allows? Thank you.