“Yard House” 3 of 5 bubbles

Yard House
Ranked #7 of 319 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
“Yard House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

A frequent request as a night out, this is a great place to eat when shopping or going to the movies. My son recommends the pizza and the chicken wings as they are not too spicy. We have found, however, that some of the meals are not as they are described on the menu. Read the descriptions carefully and you may want to ask the waiter to describe a dish to make sure it matches what you are looking for.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi Chieye - We hope this message finds you well. We are truly sorry if our menu did not closely depict what you were expecting in a dish. Our team members are more than happy to tour guide you through our menu and make suggestions based on what you are looking for. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again.

New York City, New York
“Friday night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my first time at this Yard House, crowded on a Friday night at 7:30 PM the Management handled all the people very efficiently We were seated after a reasonable wait. It turned out to be well worth it. My daughter told our server she had an allergy to nuts within a few minutes a floor manager came to our table inquiring if any one else had any allergies. Really the right thing to do, but rarely done. The manager at the front, Anthony came by to see if our food was OK at least twice, very cordial and attentive man. the food was not only alright, but really good, past my expectations. we came there for a busy fun place to go, and it was. We all really enjoyed our various meals. especially the spinach cheese dip! The service was great, and it comes from the top. Anthony not only checked up on us, but made the rounds of the whole restaurant. He spoke to several servers with respect and with a smile to just make sure the job was being done correctly. Easier said then done as the place was quite large.
All in all a very enjoyable Friday night after work place to go.
I eat out often and I cannot recommend this place more highly.
Jeremy T

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jeremy t
New York City, New York
“Friendly, Vegetarian options and BEEEERRRR!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I Love this place! So far I havent been dissatisfied.. They have two happy hours!- Sunday through Wed 3-6pm and 10 to close.. and they have so many good beers on tap.. The waiters are helpful, friendly and great, the bar tenders awesome and they have a huge Gardien veg menu.. and of course they have non veg stuffs too! Check out the blackboard specials on beers, get the nachos, and hang out..

• Visited November 2012
Bedford Hills, New York
“WALKED OUT-Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Can I take a circle back for WALKING OUT?
What an amazing and beautiful concept gone WRONG. You may ask what? THE FOOD! THE SERVICE! This is the perfect place if you want to try 4000 beers in one night or check in and stay until your dead from hunger. Do go here unless you have a lot of time to wait for anything.

W started off with waiting for a waiter, 10 minutes, not even a "Hello, I'll be right with you, can I get you water, or one of our 10000 beer's?" I don't drink beer so the vast array of pull handles on a shinny back-bar meant nothing. I'll preface this with the waiter taking our order without a pad or pen. Here we have an idiot savant? I knew he'd miss something,,, read on.

We wanted to try a bunch of things so we ordered Deviled Eggs, Guacamole, a tower of onion rings (oh, never came and waiter claimed that I never ordered them). My friend ordered a BBQ burger, and I ordered the Steak Sandwich. I would have loved to have had a 24oz Rib Eye Steak + or - but this is NOT a Steakhouse, in fact, they have NO IDENTITY. The Yardhouse has NO IDEA of what it want's to be. The menu is a conglomerate of so many items that the kitchen cannot possibly execute anything to perfection.
The Deviled Eggs were OK - The Guacamole had FETA CHEESE in it?? Really?? In what recipe is there Feta cheese in Guacamole? Oh yea, California where this place comes from!
My friend has a less sophisticated palate as mine so he claimed that his Burger was OK. My Steak sandwich came out with fries (reg, not the sweet potato) and they were COLD. Moving on to the steak sandwich, Bread-COLD, Steak-COLD. So after waiting 40 minutes to get the entrees, I sent mine back. Carl finished his burger, and I was STILL waiting for my Steak Sandwich. I then did something that I have NEVER-EVER done. I walked into the kitchen, and asked if anyone knows what the hell is going on in here? I went back to my table, asked Carl to get up and leave. We threw some money on the table, and told the manager that I expected to speak with their corporate office. This entire experience was an affront to any restaurant, and a disgrace to me as a customer.
This place is 1 grade above Applebee's which BTW has mostly every entree trucked in frozen.
If you do decide to go, just have a beer, skip the Guac, and mostly everything else!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
David,

We are truly sorry to hear of your disappointing experience and would appreciate being able to speak with you. When time permits, please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com.

We hope to hear back from you soon...
ny
“FIRST TIME THERE - MUCH IMPRESSED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I went there for lunch. We knew that we would be in the area on business
and decided to give Yard House a try solely based on Trip Advisor reviews. Both of us had
turkey burgers ( the larger ones ). I had salad and my wife had fries with truffle oil. ( a buck
extra ) The food was great - I substituted blue cheese topping for mozeralla at no extra cost.
The truffle oil fries were intense. My wife tried the hard cider - real yummy. The entire bill
including tax and tip was $36 - well worth it. As far as service goes, we did have to wait
a bit longer than usual to have our orders taken but a waitress saw us waiting and took our
drink orders - later explaining our assigned waitress went home sick. I am always impressed
when people take initiative without being prompted - the waitress who took our drink orders
ending up serving us for the rest of the meal and we were quite happy. If there is one thing
I wished they would do is validate the parking ticket - but such is life. We will be back.
. .