“Nice Place!”

Yard House
Ranked #7 of 330 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been to the Yard House twice. The service is good. Our server was very knowledgeable about all the beers! She picked out a great one for me and my mother. It's a fun place! I will be going back... :)

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We went to the Yard House for the first time tonight for dinner. The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, and I loved the mini deserts.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Arrived there with no reservation told there would be an hour wait lots of empty tables told they were all booked wait an hour or more when we asked again we were told that it would be another 40 mins after this we left two friends of ours were sitting at the bar all this time and after we left no one ever sat in the tables that were empty have eaten there a few times the food is very good but the service is terrible too many waiters and no one to serve the beer selection is great if only you could get one between the wait and the bad service it's hard to know what to do so we now go to the cheese cake factory a word of advice train your staff so st least they know what they are doing also say hello and good bye 50 times is a little too much

1  Thank Hundo
Yard_House, Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Hi Hundo~ We cannot apologize enough that you had such a disappointing visit. We would certainly like to learn more and try to make up for your frustration. Please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com. We hope for the chance to turn things around.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We went on a Tuesday evening and the place wasn't very crowded at all, so the fact that the service was pretty awful came as a bit of a surprise.
It started at the bar. We arrived before the rest of our party, so we took a seat at the bar and a bar tender gave us a menu, then disappeared for well over five minutes. The bar was at about 25% of capacity, and is a large oval, so I thought she was tending to someone on the other side of the bar. Nope. She reappeared and joined three other bartenders at a cash register, joking around, all of them into their conversation, never casting a glance towards the customers. After a few minutes they broke up and I had to flag one of them down to get a drink order. Maybe they work best when the place is packed. Then again, maybe not.
We were joined by our friends and sat in a booth, as there were six of us. Squeezing three to a side wasn't very comfortable, but did virtually kill any attempt to engage everyone in conversation. I, being in the middle, could chat with everyone, those on the wings, especially those on the same side of the table, probably didn't even realize each others' presence. The fact that the restaurant doesn't offer table seating for more than a party of four is pretty dopey in my opinion, then again, I'm older than 50, so what do I know.
The slow and utterly confused service continued at the table. Drink orders were waited on for at least 20 minutes and to round out the night, of the four folks in my party that ordered fries with their meal, none received an order that was even warm, let alone hot - and this after one person had told the waitress to be sure and bring them piping hot (she had been there before and had already experienced the cold fries).
I don't get the fascination with the place, it can't be the food, or service or ambiance. I guess it's the fact that they offer over 100 beers on tap or something, and after a few pints, nothing else matters much.

1  Thank seyhey

Hi Seyhey,

What a frustrating account of your visit. We are truly sorry. We would certainly appreciate a chance to show you that the Yard House service standard is nowhere near "slow and confused". Please email us at guestservices@yardhouse.com when time permits for you.
Thank you and we value your time and feedback.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Went after work with a coworker last month. Had a few appetizers and beverages. The spinach dip was sent back, it was not good and the bread that accompanied the order made it worst. Wings , sliders and noodles were good. Prices are a bit high. I suggest going during happy hour when the prices are little bait lower. Also they do not comp for parking.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Hi StarrcommaRock - We're very sorry to hear that your spinach dip wasn't very good. Would you please contact us at yhguest@yardhouse.com so we can hear more about your visit and hopefully turn things around? Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.