“Just not up to par”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

People know what to expect on a chain - rehearsed niceties, same tasting menu with all their franchises...we've been to a few that's why you say - how can you go wrong? Stopped here for brunch before a marathon last minute Christmas shopping, fortunately...after being served bitter lukewarm coffee, the eggs benedict and pancakes were good. But wait, coffee was never replaced nor the server was nowhere to be found until we summoned another server to get our check.

There are newer reviews for The Cheesecake Factory

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have never been wowed by The Cheesecake factory's food quality but it doesn't disappoint. You can always expect the same level of service and meals.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good foods for the most part. Cheesecake is scrumptious. Didn't like the hamburgers and although the avocado rolls looked good and I enjoyed the concept. Personally, it did not do it for me. The avocado itself is served warm and not pleasant in my opinion. Had some great meals there and they are very large too. The foods that others ate while I was there (several times) was equally enjoyable. Price can be a little pricey but worth the quality and portion size. Service leaves something to be desired - depending when you go. Afternoons are fine and everyone is pleasant. Evenings are bordering on bad. Waited endlessly and even had to call the manager at one point. Service needs help during their busy times.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Unless you have great self-discipline, this is no place for a dieter. The meals are very large, often enough to share or take home half for a second full meal. The menu selections do offer items with reasonable calorie counts, but if you only have a slice of their flagship product--cheesecake--and eat it all yourself, expect to down anything from 800-1500 calories. (No kidding; the calories are shown on the menu.) The calories aren't all that are megasized; the prices for a slice of cheescake are also jumbo--in the $7-8 range per slice. Sharing with someone is my recommended strategy.

The food is very good, and in my recent experience the service was okay but nothing special.

The menu is quite long with lots of choices, so if you go with a group, it is unlikely that anyone will complain of not finding something they'd like.

At popular meal times, especially Friday and Saturday nights, expect to wait, and in some cases the wait can be 30 minute to an hour or even more. They don't take reservations, which was disappointing to us as we had an elderly person in our group and waiting for a table is hard for them.

All major chain restaurants strive for consistency across their fleets, and while I'm sure that CF also does so, I have eaten in at least five different CFs in various cities and they aren't indistinguishable in terms of how well the meals are prepared. This particular CF, in Yonkers, while good, would rank about #4 or #5 compared with the others. I don't know why this is so, but the same menu items here haven't been quite as good as in the other places. That doesn't mean that they're poor or anything, it just means that if you've eaten at other CFs this one might not quite live up to expectations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I were celebrating my sister's milestone birthday. This was on a busy Saturday evening at about 7 pm. This location accommodated our party of 10 quickly. Our waiter was very nice and professional. He did a great job handling our large party. Food arrived quickly and was good. Waiters came and sang happy birthday at the end of the meal. This overall was a good experience.