“Fun, family-friendly environment with good food”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #10 of 323 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Fun, family-friendly environment with good food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family of 6 went to the Cheesecake Factory (CF) on a Sunday afternoon to celebrate my mother’s birthday. As you can imagine, it was quite busy. We were told there would be a 40 minute wait, which actually ended up being about 1 hour. Luckily, the restaurant is in an area filled with stores or other things to do. There's Lord and Taylor, J Crew, Uniqlo, Whole Foods, and plenty of other stores to keep you busy. The surrounding area was definitely packed and alive! There was actually an additional Uniqlo pop-up store a block away.

Back to the restaurant …

The service was perfectly fine and pleasant, although somewhat slow. They were a little stingy with the bread (2 small loaves for six hungry people). Of course, we asked for more. Nonetheless, our food came in a relatively good pace, was the right temperature and all of our orders were accurate. I had my favorite which is the Jamaican Black Pepper Chicken (you can get it with shrimp) with mango salsa, fried plantain, brown rice (or white) and black beans. Afterwards, I had the Oreo Cookie cheesecake which was very nice, especially for someone who does not like cheesecake. The CF staff was very kind to sing the birthday lady a song and give her some ice cream with a candle.

In all, it was a very nice meal on a very busy afternoon. Just know that coming on a Sunday afternoon at 2pm is going to equal a bit of a wait.

CF has valet parking if you need it. We chose to park at the garage around the corner. CF will validate your ticket.

• Visited April 2013

Yonkers, New York
“Love Cheesecake Factory!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant is at a great location. The food is great and the cocktails too. Fun place to go for Happy hour or to just hang out with your friends. Longer wait on Friday nights...ugh.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Latingem7
England
“T BEST food & cocktails! In love with this place!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Whatever you do, please go to this restaurant/bar!
Whether you're meeting up for drinks, dinner or needing a lunch break and some respite from shopping this place is absolutely lovely, I am that confident I would shout from the roof tops to recommend it!

The Décor - warm and friendly, delightful and comfortable, for friends, family and couples visits.

The food - absolutely divine!! There is a lot to pick from on the menu, but oh my goodness, I was there plenty of times, even at different branches on my visit to New York and the quality and portion sizes of the food is impeccable, delicious, fantastically priced it will leave you wanting more!
On my numerous visits I sampled, the sliders (mini chicken burgers on the appetizer menu), patatas bravas (Spanish potatoes with a selection of side dips - these are addictive), flat bread pizza (scrumptious and not over filling because of the light base) chicken pasta, vegetarian pasta (which I cant remember the name of, sorry), but all were divinely delicious, fantastically priced and fabulous large sized portions, so if you do go in there hungry beware when you want to order all the delicious things on the menu, you wont need much as they're great sized portions!

Staff & atmosphere - all dressed impeccably in white, friendly in this charming, comfortable welcoming, warm atmosphere, a friendly place to be.

To share with all you readers, try the lemon drop martinis!! Fantastically sophisticated and at $11 a glass, they are well worth it, gorgeous, but strong (we'll for me anyway), it became a second religion to have one everytime we visited a cheesecake factory.

Actually as I write this I am making myself hungry at the thought of the gorgeous food there and I wish I could get my hands on a cheesecake factory lemon drop martini! Heaven in a cocktail glass!

Go to the Cheesecake Factory, you will not regret it!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LauraLondonEngland
Jersey City, New Jersey
“My favorite Cheesecake Factory”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I love this place! It is filled with friendly servers and except for one time, very effective and fast service. I like this restaurant because although you might need to wait on a Friday night, the lines are not as bad as in White Plains. Location is just perfect, in the middle of the "new" Ridge Hill Mall, which is a gem on it's own.

Visited February 2013
New York
“Great Location, Service Bad to Worst!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm done. This was my second horrid trip to CF in Ridge Hill. I love the hill for shopping and ambiance, but I will not stop at CF again. This time I stopped in to buy a whole, frozen cheesecake to go. There were a couple of people who had paid and were waiting for their order to arrive. I paid for the cake and waited. I wasn't told anything, just paid and waited for 26 minutes! After that time, I asked the counter man where my cake was and he asked, "No one brought it up?" Who would have? Ridiculous. He left to get it, slammed it on the counter at me and by the time I left, several others were very pissed off at the bad behavior. Done. Also, waiting for a half hour when you pay for parking is insane.

• Visited December 2012