“Front Desk staff NOT FRIENDLY!”

Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Clinton, Maryland
“Front Desk staff NOT FRIENDLY!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm finding that the front desk staff and the central reservations folks are not friendly at all. I've stayed at several Residence Inns and I'm started to get very upset that I'm noticing a trend. They barely want to honor the pre-negotiated corporate rates...either saying that they are unavailable or they raise them. This hotel in particular raised the rate, and then when I wanted to remove a day but add a different date, they wanted to raise the rate again, even though I had already booked a room and had a lower rate for the exact same day.

The rooms are nice and clean, and the grounds are nice, but the attitudes and lack of willingness to please the customer sucks!!! Additionally, there was some family brawl that took place on the hotel grounds with children present, which led to the arrival of NYPD. Not sure what type of folks they are attracting at this hotel!

This location also is too far from mid-town and even too far from the Bronx. It is not a straight shot...highways, expressways, parkways, and then it is hidden when you finally arrive. There is a small sign on the main road, but the hotel is no where in sight!

Room Tip: All rooms are probably good. Fourth floor relatively quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lawnut2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Clean, Quiet and all comforts of home!!! Even though their is no restrauant on site, the breakfast buffet is awesome!!!! The gym and pool are great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Wow, this was my second time back. I first came here two years ago to this property when attending a Yankee game and the hotel just opened. I was impressed then by the staff, location and cleanliness. This visit was two years later and the property looks exactly the same like they just opened. It's so clean, staff is outstanding and make you feel special. It's only 20 minutes to NYC if you're going into the city. You won't be disappointed with your stay. Spacious and more than anything, spotless!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
LOUISVILLE
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and daughter and I stayed three nights at the Inn and found it altogether an excellent experience from check-in to departure. Its location is nicely accessible. We had a suite which was very clean, spacious and well-appointed. If we had wished to prepare meals, the well-equipped kitchenette would have been completely adequate. As it was, we enjoyed the breakfast buffett ; it was outstanding. The staff/housekeeping were friendly and professional. All that and more.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife & I were staying for a family wedding so we stayed 4 nights and made it our base for the whole 'tourist bit' and exploration of Manhatten.

The layout of the hotel is similiar to other Residence Inns, so if you have stayed in one previously it will be familiar. The rooms are delightfully large, and well sectioned, we had a kitchen/dining area, living/relaxation area, large bed with a dressing area between the bed and bathroom. Lots of space and comfort, and a large screen TV, just what you want after a day on your feet.

Staff in the hotel were brilliant, really friendly and helpful, the hotel has a lovely pool & gym, and a little snack shop for drinks etc. They run a shuttle service to the local train station (about 5 minutes away) where you can jump a train into Grand Central Station which takes approximately 45 mins. The only minor issue we had was local atxi drivers all had issues finding the hotel, over the 4 days we did not have one taxi driver who could easily find it, but, as we were on holiday we weren't going to stress.

Breakfast is a 'help yourself' buffet, which we loved as you could pick & choose as much or little as you wanted

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed May 28, 2012

For the past 4 years that my daughter has gone to school in NY, we have stayed at the Residence Inn at New Rochelle. When I unexpectedly needed a room and couldn't get into the New Rochelle property, I booked a night at the Residence Inn in Yonkers. I wish I had discovered it years ago! The property is very easy to access off of the highway, parking is a breeze, and everything looks brand new. The breakfast area is clean and inviting. I had a King Studio which was perfect for the night. The room was well laid out and the bathroom counter top has plenty of space. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cab1118
Northeast
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in a few Residence Inns lately, and have been pleasantly surprised each time. So much so, that I am starting to turn to them over the "regular" Marriott chains. The Yonkers location aimed to please. From the wonderful staff who made check-in a breeze, to the putting green and fire pit outdoors, the complimentary breakfast, larger-than-your-average-hotel TV, kitchen and dining area in the suite, to the fitness area ... This hotel is a great stop-over choice for us and for an extra fee, we were even able to have our dog stay with us. My only real issue with the Inn was the noise of the AC unit ... which sounded like a space ship had landed in the room. This would have warranted a complaint as it was extremely disconcerting, but as it was late at night when we arrived, and the room temperature was pleasant, we shut off the unit and the noise immediately ceased. All in all though, it was a great hotel and in a perfect location to break up our long drive. I would not hesitate to make another reservation again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County? Share your experiences!