“very poor soundproofing”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This is a nice, clean Hampton property. The only problem, and it's a major one, is the lack of sound insulation between rooms and between floors. You can hear the people in the room above walking around (clearly), and when the phone rings next door, you hear that clearly too. The doors weight about 3 tons and when one slams, as they often do, it sounds like a bomb going off, and the whole room shakes. It's a pity, because the place is clean and comfortable otherwise. If noise doesn't bother you, you'll be fine there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank halifax20
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed May 7, 2010

This was a surprisingly clean and well appointed hotel. However I am a five foot one inch tall female and found that I could hardly reach the sink. It was at least 6 inches higher than the norm. I also had the same problem in the shower. The shower head was very high and it was impossible to avoid getting my hair soaking wet. Lastly there are no bathtubs in the king bed rooms which are the least expensive. Clearly this hotel was designed to accommodate businessmen.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Raggs4
Reviewed March 30, 2010

First off I have pictures to prove if needed. We stayed there for leisure and recieved nothing but stress. We arrived at the train station expecting the shuttle to pick us. Well we got there but there was no shuttle, why? because the shuttle arrived at the wrong station. We finally got to the actually hotel and hour later even though its a twenty minute drive. We entered our rooms and long to behold instead off 2 queens size beds it was in fact 2 full sizes beds. The bathroom had a bunch of hair in it. We went to the 24 hr shop in which we purchase items and ended up getting sick from it.. The staff is not aware of the other staff members. We recently discovered that we lefted an id there. There was a verbal agreement that the shuttle, that might I add said in the advestiment that it will take you to any local spot, couldn't picks us up at the place they told us to wait at. A family memeber called and called but there is communication problems there. They were very rude to my sister (Ms. Candice the receptionist) and to top it off they lost her id that they found yesterday? Very confusing and I advise all not to book your rooms here for pleasure or business and if you do bring cleaning equipment (for bathroom and you might want to bring your own pillow case theirs were filty) as well as your own cars. If you by chance need to speak to their manager, take a ticket because he or she never around. ps. Bring a winter coat because they recently had a water spill and there's no heat.

• Stayed: March 2010
5  Thank Invested-n-Testes
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2010

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Yonkers Hampton Inn & Suites. With all the lodging choices today, we appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand as well as all of the Hilton family of hotels. I do regret that we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. I would like to take just a minute to address a few of your concerns regarding your recent stay.
Our Complimentary shuttle is available to our guests seven days per week from 7:00 AM to approximately 11:00 PM. Our shuttle operates within a 5 mile radius of the hotel including the local train stations as well as drop offs/pick-ups at our top accounts. For special events, our shuttle may be able to travel outside of the 5 mile radius but these arrangements would need to be coordinated with our Sales department in advance.
All of the rooms here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Yonkers feature a King Size bed or (2) Queen Size beds, our suites also offer a full-size sleeper sofa in the living room area.
Our hotel did experience a problem with a broken sprinkler head during your stay but fortunately this issue was resolved quickly and the affected area was confined to a small portion of the 2nd floor of the hotel. You will happy to know that a professional cleaning company that deals with these types of occurrences was on-site immediately and was able to quickly bring the hotel back to its like-new state. To clarify, at no time did the hotel lose any of it’s services including water, heat or internet. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the Yonkers/NYC area that you will again give us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon. As always, At Hampton, we love having you here.

Regards,

Darren Piercey, General Manager

Reviewed March 14, 2010

I prepaid for my stay, and I have been charged twice for my stay. I talked to them while I was there about the charge, and they did reverse. Now that I am back home, I have been charged again and I have been trying to get through their busy signal for an hour. Don't prepay.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank JenniferH33
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the new Yonkers, New York Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels and for your participation in the Hilton HHonors program. I want to extend my sincerest apologies to you in regards to the technical issues that we were experiencing that created some confusion that resulted in an additional charge to your credit card. Also, I would like to apologize for our lack of phone service on Sunday, March 14, 2010. Due to severe storms in our area, over 500,000 residents lost power and other utilities, we were fortunate not to have lost power at our location but unfortunately we did lose telephone service for almost 2 straight days. I have researched and corrected the billing issue and again regret any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Yonkers/Westchester County area that you will again give us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Darren Piercey, General Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2010

We found the front desk staff to be friendly and pleasant. The lobby is welcoming and the fireplace was beautiful and warm. Which was great on a cold day. The hotel is about 1 year old but looks like it was just opened- everything still looks new. I can be picky about cleanliness but can say this is the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. The room and bathroom were large and nicely appointed. The breakfast was fine. The hotel is located in an industrial complex which was very quiet. The location was convenient but might have been hard to find if we hadn't seen other reviews. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lighthouse6
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This is a good place to stay if you are looking for a lower-cost alternative to Manhattan in the NYC area. It's about a mile from the train into Grand Central, (you can take a cab, or sometimes the hotel has a shuttle available), or an easy drive in on the Saw Mill/West Side Highways.

This hotel is a standard chain-type, but the rooms were clean, very comfortable and spacious. A full breakfast is included, there is a nice pool (a bit cold, though-not well heated!) and workout area, and free internet access and printers. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Wow, great hotel, great value. My GPS didn't quite get me there, but the hotel provided a sign in just the right location; they're obviously familiar with the mapping data base problem and have provided a solution. The hotel is up on a hill away from traffic. Beautiful lobby, bar, and eating area. Snacks and frozen dinners for sale with a microwave; appetizers at the bar. The staff provided a great dinner delivery recommendation for Italian food; fast, reasonable, and good. Hot breakfast was top notch; no food shortages. Large room, huge bathroom. I'll be back.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Retailwonderer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#4 of 7 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!