“Great location, great staff.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Had to stay here a few times over the last couple years. Always a safe bet. Friendly staff, great clean rooms, decent breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was a great room, Very clean and EXTREMELY comfortable. It was a quick overnight and found it tough to get out of bed. We could have stayed all morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Hampton Inns are always great. This was no exception. This was in a good part of Yonkers, very convenient to the highways. The room was clean, maintenance was quick and wonderful, and the front desk people were incredibly helpful and friendly--thank you.

Unfortunately, there was a large wedding party while there, and I had noisy people next to me. That was not the hotel's fault. Besides that, the stay was good.

This Hampton is a good choice if you are in Yonkers.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I am a native New Yorker and have been living abroad for many years. I travel to the states 2 or 3 times a year staying close to home in New York and Connecticut. This trip was different as I was traveling on vacation with my wife and 2 boys aged 11 and 15. We were to travel for about 4 weeks spending most of our time in New York and Connecticut with long weekends in Washington DC and Disneyland California. I did a lot of research on hotels and prices using a few different sites but of course spent a great deal of time on Tripadvisor. I stayed at 8 or 9 hotels and have already reviewed the first 7. Needless to say I have saved one of the best for last.

due to a change in my agenda I booked this hotel at the last minute from the hotel website. Got a suite with two Queens size beds at a good rate using AAA discount. An hour later went back to the website to extend my stay but could not as the hotel was sold out. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path if your spending most of your time in New York city but if your spending time in Yonkers it is a hop skip and jump to anywhere you want to be. It is a great advantage if you have a car as I think there is no public transportation to this area? The hotel is located in a business district about 5 miles from cross county shopping mall and a few miles from Central Park Ave. Yonkers. My oldest son works in Cross County Mall so this location was ideal.

I checked in to the hotel with ease. The suite was clean and big. The beds were fine and the bathroom very clean. Room came with fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The room was also very quiet. The hotel is not near a highway and very peaceful. With my reservation I also got the free breakfast buffet and free parking. Of the 8 hotels I stayed at this was the only one offering all three for free. The breakfast buffet is also very good with a full spread. Good coffee as well. Even during the day there is complimentary coffee,hot Chocolate, and tea on offer. You gotta love that! There is also a bar with flat screen TV's as well as two more in the lounge area as well as various computer stations. The gym although small is very clean.

The next day we woke up quite pleased with the hotel and asked to stay an extra day. They had no rooms but told us we would be on a priority list. Later that day we got a call and got the room. We drove to Manhattan and was pleasantly surprised that I made it to the upper west side in only 35 minutes. Wow the hotel is closer than I thought to the greatest city on the planet. The next day I did a little more research and got a standard room at the hotel via a third party (internet booking) at a very good rate. To make a long story short we extended our stay again and then again. I can not say enough about this hotel and the great staff. Service is marvelous. Of the 8 or 9 hotels I stayed at this hotel gave me the best value of any. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I repeat BEST VALUE of any of the hotels I stayed at.

Room Tip: The fresh waffles at the breakfast, that you cook yourself in the waffle iron, are very good. Take...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a very well-managed hotel with superb amenities for its class. I can't speak to location as this was for business, but my instinct is that Manhattan travelers are correct, it would be a haul to get into NYC proper from here. However, for business travelers needing to be in Yonkers, this hotel is the best choice. HD TVs, very nice gym, indoor pool, clean and comfortable grounds, free wifi, free (good) breakfast with takeaway bags for early risers, good bar open till 11PM. The reception was very welcoming and helpful, and when I couldn't work the AC in my room (my fault, user error) they sent someone immediately who was helpful, friendly, and not at all bothered to be sent up for no reason. Rooms were quiet and spacious. Only complaint is that stand-up shower stall is a little old and dingy, and could stand to be updated, but that's really it.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room, worked for me in terms of quiet.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great rooms. Having high definition on the TVs was great. Also the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed one night after family function. large clean comfortable room, nice free breakfast, very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!