I am a native New Yorker and have been living abroad for many years. I travel to the states 2 or 3 times a year staying close to home in New York and Connecticut. This trip was different as I was traveling on vacation with my wife and 2 boys aged 11 and 15. We were to travel for about 4 weeks spending most of our time in New York and Connecticut with long weekends in Washington DC and Disneyland California. I did a lot of research on hotels and prices using a few different sites but of course spent a great deal of time on Tripadvisor. I stayed at 8 or 9 hotels and have already reviewed the first 7. Needless to say I have saved one of the best for last.
due to a change in my agenda I booked this hotel at the last minute from the hotel website. Got a suite with two Queens size beds at a good rate using AAA discount. An hour later went back to the website to extend my stay but could not as the hotel was sold out. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path if your spending most of your time in New York city but if your spending time in Yonkers it is a hop skip and jump to anywhere you want to be. It is a great advantage if you have a car as I think there is no public transportation to this area? The hotel is located in a business district about 5 miles from cross county shopping mall and a few miles from Central Park Ave. Yonkers. My oldest son works in Cross County Mall so this location was ideal.
I checked in to the hotel with ease. The suite was clean and big. The beds were fine and the bathroom very clean. Room came with fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The room was also very quiet. The hotel is not near a highway and very peaceful. With my reservation I also got the free breakfast buffet and free parking. Of the 8 hotels I stayed at this was the only one offering all three for free. The breakfast buffet is also very good with a full spread. Good coffee as well. Even during the day there is complimentary coffee,hot Chocolate, and tea on offer. You gotta love that! There is also a bar with flat screen TV's as well as two more in the lounge area as well as various computer stations. The gym although small is very clean.
The next day we woke up quite pleased with the hotel and asked to stay an extra day. They had no rooms but told us we would be on a priority list. Later that day we got a call and got the room. We drove to Manhattan and was pleasantly surprised that I made it to the upper west side in only 35 minutes. Wow the hotel is closer than I thought to the greatest city on the planet. The next day I did a little more research and got a standard room at the hotel via a third party (internet booking) at a very good rate. To make a long story short we extended our stay again and then again. I can not say enough about this hotel and the great staff. Service is marvelous. Of the 8 or 9 hotels I stayed at this hotel gave me the best value of any. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I repeat BEST VALUE of any of the hotels I stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-new Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers is something most unexpected: The elegant contemporary decor and amenities of an upscale, full-service hotel without the exorbitant room rate. Best of all, you can easily travel to the glamour and bustle of New York City, then retreat to the peaceful luxury of our hotel in the quiet setting of Yonkers, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers Hotel Yonkers
- Hampton Inn And Suites Yonkers