“Great Value!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I am a native New Yorker and have been living abroad for many years. I travel to the states 2 or 3 times a year staying close to home in New York and Connecticut. This trip was different as I was traveling on vacation with my wife and 2 boys aged 11 and 15. We were to travel for about 4 weeks spending most of our time in New York and Connecticut with long weekends in Washington DC and Disneyland California. I did a lot of research on hotels and prices using a few different sites but of course spent a great deal of time on Tripadvisor. I stayed at 8 or 9 hotels and have already reviewed the first 7. Needless to say I have saved one of the best for last.

due to a change in my agenda I booked this hotel at the last minute from the hotel website. Got a suite with two Queens size beds at a good rate using AAA discount. An hour later went back to the website to extend my stay but could not as the hotel was sold out. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path if your spending most of your time in New York city but if your spending time in Yonkers it is a hop skip and jump to anywhere you want to be. It is a great advantage if you have a car as I think there is no public transportation to this area? The hotel is located in a business district about 5 miles from cross county shopping mall and a few miles from Central Park Ave. Yonkers. My oldest son works in Cross County Mall so this location was ideal.

I checked in to the hotel with ease. The suite was clean and big. The beds were fine and the bathroom very clean. Room came with fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The room was also very quiet. The hotel is not near a highway and very peaceful. With my reservation I also got the free breakfast buffet and free parking. Of the 8 hotels I stayed at this was the only one offering all three for free. The breakfast buffet is also very good with a full spread. Good coffee as well. Even during the day there is complimentary coffee,hot Chocolate, and tea on offer. You gotta love that! There is also a bar with flat screen TV's as well as two more in the lounge area as well as various computer stations. The gym although small is very clean.

The next day we woke up quite pleased with the hotel and asked to stay an extra day. They had no rooms but told us we would be on a priority list. Later that day we got a call and got the room. We drove to Manhattan and was pleasantly surprised that I made it to the upper west side in only 35 minutes. Wow the hotel is closer than I thought to the greatest city on the planet. The next day I did a little more research and got a standard room at the hotel via a third party (internet booking) at a very good rate. To make a long story short we extended our stay again and then again. I can not say enough about this hotel and the great staff. Service is marvelous. Of the 8 or 9 hotels I stayed at this hotel gave me the best value of any. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I repeat BEST VALUE of any of the hotels I stayed at.

Room Tip: The fresh waffles at the breakfast, that you cook yourself in the waffle iron, are very good. Take...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a very well-managed hotel with superb amenities for its class. I can't speak to location as this was for business, but my instinct is that Manhattan travelers are correct, it would be a haul to get into NYC proper from here. However, for business travelers needing to be in Yonkers, this hotel is the best choice. HD TVs, very nice gym, indoor pool, clean and comfortable grounds, free wifi, free (good) breakfast with takeaway bags for early risers, good bar open till 11PM. The reception was very welcoming and helpful, and when I couldn't work the AC in my room (my fault, user error) they sent someone immediately who was helpful, friendly, and not at all bothered to be sent up for no reason. Rooms were quiet and spacious. Only complaint is that stand-up shower stall is a little old and dingy, and could stand to be updated, but that's really it.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room, worked for me in terms of quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great rooms. Having high definition on the TVs was great. Also the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed one night after family function. large clean comfortable room, nice free breakfast, very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April 2012. I was on a bus tour to New York City with several others so had no interaction with the front desk staff or making the reservation myself. I found the room very clean, modern and quiet. It was quite large and there was plenty of room for luggage and other items. The bathroom was in a separate room. It had all the toiletries and other items that an upper-end hotel would have. The bed was extremely comfortable. A good free breakfast was served with the usual hot cereal (oatmeal), fruit, muffins, beverages and waffles; it was quite substantial and would get you going for the day. The TV got a number of channels but not quite the selection that I would have liked, but it had a good picture. The hotel is somewhat outside the city, probably at least a half hour or more with all the traffic to get to the city but for those willing to save a little money and drive a little distance, it would be worth it as hotels in New York City are very expensive. I only stayed there for one night so did not get to see much of the hotel except the room and the breakfast area. We arrived in the evening, but there did not look like there were any restaurants around the hotel; it sits back and might be hard to find. I would definitely stay here again. I really can't comment on the price or value because the bus tour price included many other things so I do not know what we paid for the room for that one night, but looking online at Trip Advisor, and seeing the price listed, I would say this is a pretty good deal since it is fairly close to the city. If you wish to see a gorgeous restored church (one of the most beautiful I have ever seen) go to the Monastery of the Sacred Heart in Yonkers. This early 20th century church has been restored and the Venerable Solanus Casey was stationed there for 14 years; there is a shrine to him in the church and it is run by the Capuchin Franciscan friars. It is only a short distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton while visiting family in Yonkers, NY. The hotel is a bit away from the city, but it's nice, clean and modern. It offers free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast, which was simple, but nice and well appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We selected this Hampton Inn after looking for comparable brands in the vicinity of family we were planning to visit. We selected this particular one because of its location and price. We have stayed at Hampton Inns many times, but this was our first time staying in one of their suites. We had a one-room suite with two queens and a sofa bed, which was just what we needed for my wife and I, traveling with our two teenage sons. I don't think the location was "easily" accessible, but it wasn't difficult to find thanks to our GPS. We were only staying overnight, then heading to Massachusetts, so we didn't need to know about getting into the city or using the NY subway. We have always opted to stay in the city when we wanted to do things there; however, we would definitely stay here in the future if our plans include going into the city. There isn't much in the way of restaurants (there is an Applebee's) in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, but there are plenty of places within 5-10 minutes, depending on what you are looking for. We visited the new Westchester's Ridge Hill, which was about 15 minutes away. The Lord & Taylor was opening the next day, but there wasn't much going on.

All of the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly; the breakfast and cleaning staff were very pleasant, and the room was clean and comfortable, and quite comfortable and big enough for the 4 of us. We would definitely stay here again, whether passing through, or if we want to go into the city over a couple of days without staying in the city.

We stayed here for one night, April 12th, 2012.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!