“Good location; near the Lenoir Preserve”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Rochester, New York
“Good location; near the Lenoir Preserve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

This hotel was chosen for Thanksgiving night because of its close location to both the Bronx and Westchester County. Price was moderate. Rooms and bathroom was very clean.
Outside the business complex the hotel is in, and right across the street on Broadway, is Lenoir Preserve. It overlooks the Hudson river and is a very nice place to walk around.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Never in a million years would I have thought an Inn would outbeat some of the places I have stayed in over the years. My family and I were at the Inn from 11/6-26. As I wrote in my last review (Hyatt in NJ) we had to evacuate our home due to an oil spill and thank goodness we were led here. Rooms large and cozy as if you were at home. Housekeeping the best. Roman, Asst. GM who is an exceptional manager and truly cares about the guests, Estelle (hd. of Housekeeping) who was phenomenal with my son from day 1, Josh (front desk and thanks to him we had a roof over our head!) A go to person if you are at the Inn and Roman is not available, and Grace (bartender f,s,su). With the exception of the family reunion in Cali at the Hyatt I never felt comfortable going to the bar by myself, but Grace makes you feel comfortable enough to go solo. The Inn is very family oriented and cater to business meetings and weddings as well. All very well taken cared of from what I personally witnessed. I will definitely return just to say hi and have a cocktail. There are many I failed to mention but will in my letter to the GM of each individual's excellence. Thank you everyone for all you did for us during this trying time. Bernice - 214

Room Tip: We had the double bed room that included a sofa bed. Wonderfully spacious.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BCintron40
Westchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed in this hotel when the storm hit westchester there were no rooms anywhere and I called this hotel. I spoke with a gentalmen by the name of Joshua nice guy he was a great person at heart,welcoming me and my family like his own. And the other staff super super super my one thing was how hard they push them. there was a man that came out of the back office like if he was scared and stress at the same time and was telling the front desk they have to talk about some salt score I thought that was a little rude but he ment no harm cuz he was very nice but a little jumpy. I mean I can't say anymore good things cuz it will be pages full all I can say one of the best hotels I've ever been in THANK YOU HAMPTON INN YONKERS NY!!!!!

Room Tip: High floors are the best and in the low numbers
lynn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Loved this hotel big rooms, beds are all new and pillows. FREE breakfast was yummy! would go back 4 sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Hastings on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

A pleasant surprise. The hotel is clean and convenient to main highways. The rooms are spacious and are very comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

One caution: this hotel - and perhaps the entire Hampton chain - needs to have ONE cancellation policy and make certain that it is communicated clearly. The website for Hampton Hotels states that you must inform them by 4PM on the day of your reservation if you wish to cancel and not be charged any fees. One manager at the front desk repeated this policy.

However, I later spoke to another manager - Bridget - and she said that the hotel's policy was 24 hours prior. When I pointed out that the website stated otherwise, she became rude and condescending. She basically laughed at me. I then called the 1-800 # for Hampton to find out what the policy was and the operator could not - or would not - give me a precise answer.

Recommendation: this is a clean, reasonably priced hotel. However, ask about the cancellation policy BEFORE you book and, if possible, get it in writing. Their policy isn't clear and they don't seem concerned. And please avoid Bridget at all costs.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. Everything surrounding my stay was a pleasure. I would be glad to stay there again. They have a friendly staff and the place is spotless. Their awesome morning breakfast offered more than I expected and included a lot of attention to detail. Thank you for providing an exceptionally pleasant stay. Well done! JackSDCA

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Sugar Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We recently stayed here over a weekend after a previous stay which we enjoyed and were more satisfied this time. The hotel was very clean, service was excellent and with the fireplace in the lobby made it feel like home. This hotel is still new which is what we like too. The free breakfast was very good, now with a larger selection to chose from and with more fruit which we enjoyed. They also started a happy hour at their hotel bar in the late afternoon which was a nice touch. The location is excellent as we accessed White Plains, NYC and NJ very easily from the Saw Mill River Parkway. Very quiet yet close enough to everything. We will definitely stay here again as it was our home away from home that met our high standards for service and cleanliness.

3 Thank SouthernYankee2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!