“Worst ever”
Review of El Balon

El Balon
Reserve with OpenTable
El Balon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 381 Restaurants in Yonkers
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Hat three tacos . Meat was dry and over done I had one shrimp that was good. I had two blue moon beers which both hat at least an inch and a half of froth. Bartender was friendly but preoccupied with getting out of there and I waited at bar for five minutes even though it was really quiet . I’d say they don’t have a clue of service and food quality . I won’t return

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Three of us had dinner here and were generally satisfied, although we've been to better Mexican restaurants.

The chips and salsa we started off with were just okay. The chips had a manufactured look and taste, and I doubt that they were made fresh on site. The salsa was chunky and somewhat like pico de gallo, not smooth and easy for dipping with the chips. No prizes for the chips and salsa.

I had the pork enchiladas and was happy with my meal. The enchiladas were nicely filled and topped off, and accompanied by black beans and rices (separately, not mixed together). Some Mexican restaurants steer away from spiciness and make their food disappointingly bland, but not here. There was just enough spiciness to notice, but not enough to be a huge problem for anyone who can't handle spicy food.

The others at our table were less impressed. One had quesadillas, and mixed in with the cheese were bits of salsa, and in her opinion, that detracted from the quesadillas. The third meal, tacos, was also just so-so in the opinion of the third person at our table. The tortillas were too small to pick up and handle comfortably, forcing the use of fork and knife.

The restaurant was not busy when we were there, and the service was good. I can't offer an opinion on whether it would be as good at busy times.

So, overall, the meal was okay, but not great. I would not say to steer away from El Balon, but I'd also say to keep your expectations at a moderate level.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

terrible food, sticky floor and just not a good choice for the area...pick something else..stay clear of this one.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Relatively small but busy place. Table hockey game at the back to occupy kids. Waited for 20 minutes to get attention, and then had to get further attention just to get water. This type of thing continued: for more drinks, for salt , etc
That said, the choices were good, some original, everything was tasty, and we had a good meal. One thing to note the tacos are on tiny (smaller than saucer-sized) tortillas!!!
Quite noisy, but for families with lots of patience, good spot

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Food and drinks are delicious.
The mexican street corn is super yummy as well as their vegetarian cauliflower tacos.
Def. a place to check out and enjoy some yummy food.