“Reasonably authentic Mexican food”

Plaza Garibaldi Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 334 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Not being Mexican/Latino myself, I dare say, though, that the food seems to be quite authentic Mexican. We liked it very much, well spiced and overall just really tasty. We loved the Mexican beverages, like the Horchata, sooo good!

We asked to have the menu explained to us, as we were not that familiar with those dishes' terminology. The waitress was very friendly and patient, helping us to make the right chioce.

What's odd about this place, and hence worth mentioning: the chairs are so tall, we didn't feel very comfortable sitting at the table, which, unfortunately, impaired the overall experience to some extent.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant has authentic Mexican food. It always is a pleasure going here. Great service and delicious food.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nothing out of the extraordinary, perhaps great for people from the Northeast that have not tasted really good Mexican or Tex Mex food. The Mariachi was good but very loud! the rice was not authentic nor the beans, too bad.
Since it was recommended to me by a Mexican waiter in another restaurant I expected a lot more.

1  Thank rman971
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I was there last week and I ordered parrillada plaza garibaldi after 30minutes waiting, my food come and oh my God, what a terrible, the meat is oveeercook, I cant even bite, my chicken exactly same, realy I just waste my money.. the only good is juan gabriel !!!! if you think the food is good you better shop around, x my is terrible. I Never come back.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Don't be put off by the rather tacky surroundings! Plaza Garibaldi is run by great people, kept immaculately clean with some of the funkiest (and most comfortable) dining chairs on the planet. They make fresh guacamole table-side, portions are gigantic, everything is fresh and the prices are right.

1  Thank JoanJ10701