“Can see why it's always busy”
Review of La Piazzetta - CLOSED

La Piazzetta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Finally had the chance to try this fairly new restaurant for dinner last night and was very happy we did. As mentioned in previous reviews, the decor is tastefully done and very relaxing. The only downside is that it can be fairly noisy when busy -- there doesn't seem to be anything to buffer the sound. The menu is basically what you would expect from an Italian restaurant with the traditional veal, chicken and seafood dishes, pastas, etc. Salad (which is included with meat dishes, but not pasta dishes) was a nice mix of leafy greens with either a creamy italian or balsamic vinaigrette dressing which was very good and not overly vinegary. Warm bread is served with what seems to be a tomato infused oil but if you ask for butter instead they will remove your side plate leaving you without a place to rest your bread. Chicken francaise and meat lasagna were both very very good, although the vegetables that came with the chicken did not have much flavor. Presentation was excellent. We finished off dinner with a decadent chocolate mousse cake, very rich, but this is not usually on the menu. Service was impeccable. Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had dinner with my wife on Christmas Eve, We had heard good things about since they opened, so were excited to try. The inside is very nice, sat near the fireplace and the table and chairs are top notch. Dinner was OK. Shared an eggplant appetizer which was quite good, I had a veal dish and my wife had a seafood pasta dish. Both were nice but no WOW at all t we shared one dessert too! a A little pricey ( $100 with tip 1 drink each) and the portions were fair ( no leftovers) I'm hoping we hit them on a bad day!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Visited La Piazetta this past Friday night. It makes it's home in the old "Wurtsboro Hotel," a place that is traditionally not known for fine cuisine! My, how things have changed!

We ordered a bottle of Chianti (the wine list was pretty good, and prices didn't break the bank), and Mom ordered a whisky sour. The wine was great, and Mom loved the drink!

They start you off with a basket of bread and some dipping oil. A nice touch, but if you're going to put something in the olive oil, I, personally, prefer a bolder taste (garlic or hot peppers). I couldn't quite figure out what it was in the olive oil...sun dried tomatoes, maybe?

The four of us shared an order of a special appy: Stuffed Cherrystone clams. They arrived stuffed full of seafood and a little bit of breadcrumbs. Very tasty.

The dinner salads are just big enough. I had house Italian on mine, and it was perfectly seasoned. The greens were nothing to write home about but, they were fresh and crisp.

I ordered Pappardelle with mushrooms. The pasta and sauce were good. I prefer my pasta a bit more al dente, but I've had far worse. My partner ordered a pork chop off the menu. It was thick and juicy. It came with roasted potatoes and some steamed carrots/zucchini. Sides looked and tasted little bland. Looked like she enjoyed it all, though. Dad had chicken marsala. It came in a nice, brown sauce and plenty of mushrooms, and the same sides. He finished his plate. Mom had the standard cheese ravioli. She's a pretty picky eater, but she enjoyed her meal.

We finished off the night with some cannolis, and coffee. Both were excellent. I actually asked if they fill the cannolis to order (I hate when they're soggy!!) They DO fill to order, and the shell was crispy and yummy! Coffee was good, too.

The prices are realistic for what you get. It's not priced like "the diner," but you're getting ambiance and good food, served by experienced, and pleasant wait staff (Great job, Juliano!)

I'm glad there is a local place in Wurtsboro that has good food and a great atmosphere. Love the fireplace, and they had good music playing, to boot.

We will definitely be back. Great idea for Christmas presents, too...Gift certificates from a local place helps them to continue to prosper. Buy, eat and drink locally!

1  Thank TheMoonfish
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Beautiful restaurant and great service. I was disappointed with the meat lasagna. I thought that it would have a layer of ricotta cheese and it did not. The meat layer on the bottom was just cooked ground beef without any sauce, they grey color was not very appetizing. My friends had the sole and the filet mignion and they loved their dishes. The homemade creamy italian dressing was very tasty. I will definitely give this restaurant another try.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly excellent service. We shared a perfect family meal with our two kids and our parents at this new classy local Italian restaurant. Great wine selection. Antipasto, caprese, and calamari appetizers all excellent... And main courses left everyone smiling.