“Things are improving”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Worcester
Westford, NY
“Things are improving”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

It is my understanding that the Worcester White House Inn has changed owners in recent months. It looks to me like they are making strides toward improving the overall operation of the place.The restaurant has expanded the number of nights it is open. I'm optimistic about future of this restaurant.

1 Thank duellmWestford_NY

Leatherstocking Region New York
“Usually fine, but disappointing this time.”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

First, let me say that we have eaten here several times before and never had any problems. When I made reservations, it was based upon their newspaper ad listing soup and salad bar with peel and eat shrimp. My 7 yo was looking forward to this aspect. When we arrived we found that NBT Bank was holding their Christmas party in the main room. Other than some loud merrymaking, this was not a big issue.

The dining room that we were sent to was about half full, but it still took the waitress over 5 minutes to come over and see us. She was ready to take our meal order, and we had not even given a drink order. Wine selection was good, and prices were reasonable. We found out at that time that because of the party, the salad bar was not being served.

We ordered our appetizers, then our meals. Several minutes later the waitress came back out to say she just found out that no baked potatoes were being served? Again, we can adapt, but they served us the "broasted" potato chunks from the same pool as the partygoers. They were cold! Meat we ordered was a decent cut, but again not served as we had ordered. My strip steak was too rare (sent back), and my 11 yo's sirloin was still mooing. We sent his back twice. My wife's salmon came out undercooked as well. My youngest ordered the spaghetti and meatball. Pasta was ample sized and done perfect, but the meatball was cold. The waitress offered he and my oldest french fries to make up for the wait. At this point it was obvious that they cannot handle a large party (60 people) and serve dinners as well.

The waitress did tell us that the chef apologized, and that we would be provided dessert on the house. That was a nice touch, but the chef (or manager/owner) should have come to our table after we had to send back our meals.

There are not many great choices to eat in the area we live in, and we had traveled 20 minutes from our home to a place that we thought would provide a decent meal. Next time I will be asking plenty of questions if it is during the party season before we come for dinner and this will not be top of our list to return soon.

2 Thank The-Flying-Circus