“A real country Inn-Down to earth.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Woodstock Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, N.Y.
“A real country Inn-Down to earth.”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I wish we could have stayed longer. This in was in a gorgeous setting. Nature was the focal point. The history of the house and its previous owners and guests was very interesting.This felt like real country to me-not over decorated to seem that way..it just was. All the fabrics were perfectly beautiful, but nothing frou frou- which was refreshing. Great breakfast-again, Down to earth..The hammock and the pool looked like you could spend hours there looking at the hills and trees and sky.
I wish I could live there. It was a cool place. We looked at some of the other rooms, They were super cool, more romantic looking and beautiful. ( we stayed in the extended part of the house that had an enclosed porch with a sofa bed in front, and an open porch in back)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynnchristia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We went up to the Inn on short notice, and Carol was very accommodating. We had a very nice and comfortable section of the Inn, and the surroundings were peaceful and relaxing - exactly what we were looking for coming from the city. Speaking with her about the history of the place added a lot of color to our stay. I would recommend the Woodstock Country Inn to anyone wanting a place to peacefully slow the breath, and the heart rate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We loved Woodstock Country Inn. I was our first B&B experience so we didn't know what to expect. Carol was very gracious and made us feel at home. Lots if interesting things to see in town. Feels like you stepped into the 70's!
I was sorry to read the one poor review. I couldn't imagine Carol being rude, she must have been very sick.Hopefully you take her up on the offer of coming back. I am sure she will make amends.
We plan on visiting again this fall. Great place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Cape Neddick, Maine
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Wonderful weekend with friends in a beautiful, country B & B. Country farmhouse with all the neccessary amenties including a wonderful and captivating host. Very relaxing and home-like.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
nyc
Reviewed February 24, 2010

If you want a quaint country inn, with linens that have been air dried outside!!
(Haven't smelled sheets so wonderful since I was a child) This is the place for you.
The decor is charming and aesthetically pleasing without chintzy ruffles. A real European country feel.
Carol (the proprietor) was extremely helpful and even gave me a ride to a workshop I attended!
Loved my room. Would definiltely go again. Would love to stay in the summer and try the outdoor pool with it great views!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My wife and I, with another couple spent the last weekend with Carol at the Woodstock Country Inn. We had the best time. Carol was friendly and funny. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We couldn't have had a better weekend, which included Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble. If your looking for a place to stay for a Ramble, I'd look no further then the Woodstock Country Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MassachusettsBrianf
New York
Reviewed February 21, 2010

The hostess made us feel increasingly unwelcome in her home, frequently complaining about her fatigue, her expenses, her back, etc. even stating that she wouldn't be taking guests the following week because she was just too worn out, and thank goodness she had someone coming to help her etc. She even made strange comments about our sitting in the common area. Other guests that weekend had similar complaints and one couple was accused of "stealing bread" from the kitchen. On leaving, there was no closure, just an apparent relief that everyone was finally going. We had to ask for the bill and let ourselves out the door.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bouli3
carolinwoodstock, owner at Woodstock Country Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
I am deeply sorry to hear anyone felt unwelcomed at my B&B. I had, in fact, hurt my back that weekend and had my assistant come in early to finish preparing breakfast for the guests and to take over the running of the inn for the day. I made an apology to the guests who were available at that time for my inability to say goodbye to them, as I was in very bad pain. Perhaps these guests were not in the room at the time, and I'm sorry if my assistant did not inform them that I could not say goodbye. As to accusing anyone of "stealing bread," or "complaining about expenses " to my guests, this is a very big misunderstanding of an attempt at humor on my part while apologizing for not having a big selection of bread that morning, (I recall it went something like "maybe somebody got the munchies last night") I would be so happy if this couple would call me to talk about this, so I could make amends. I would also hope readers of this review will take into account the many kind reviews I have received over a period of several years and note how distinctly different this point of view is.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Woodstock Country Inn? Share your experiences!