“Amazing Place and Inkeeper”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Woodstock Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This place felt like you were going home. It was so clean an cozy and Carol is great and is full of great stories. I would highly recommend this place especially if you are looking for a nice place to stay if your heading to one of Levon Helm's Midnight Rambles (which I also highly recommend).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 27, 2012

One of my New Year’s resolutions was to write this review. I use Trip Advisor for all my travels and have felt guilty that I haven’t written a review that is so deserved. So here it is:

I have stayed at the Woodstock Country Inn many times over the past 10 years--one time for a whole week. It is simply the best B&B I have ever stayed at. The setting: surrounded by mountains and trees, away from the road (Woodstock’s most beautiful road), lovely sunlight, and the incomparable heated saline pool set in a private setting with wildflowers and mountain views.

The rooms: My favorite is the Blue Room, but I’ve stayed in all of the rooms, since I tend to book last minute and the Blue Room isn’t always available. All of them were comfortable with pillowtop beds, tv, a/c, wifi, but my second choice is the one with the private sun room. All of the rooms are done with a great style of shabby chic mixed with a quiet elegance.

The breakfast is always delicious. Carol’s blueberry muffins are too delicious, and everything is organic--even the maple syrup and jams and jellies. I don’t know why, but scrambled eggs are never as tasty as Carol’s.

And then there’s Carol. She knows how to make people comfortable and has some kind of radar that tells her when I need to be left alone or when I want company. Sometimes I just check myself in, find keys in my room, and tell her I will have my breakfast on my porch. Other times I have the best time meeting all the other guests over breakfast. In all the years I’ve stayed there, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered anyone who wasn’t fun to have breakfast with!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed January 4, 2012

As an old 'Woodstocker' I find myself revisiting the area often for a strong dose of its beauty, freshness, and wonderful free and good nature. I discovered the Woodstock Country Inn by chance a few years ago and heartily recommend a stay there. The location is private, deer filled with beautiful mountain views and a short short trip to a wonderful dinner at the Bear Cafe.The Inn is immaculate and extremely well run by Carol, a true professional and a delightful host who has the good sense to appear when I need something and leave me on my own when I don't. The rooms (I always stay in the "white room') are simple, farmhouse-y, unpretentious, uncluttered and thick towels and robes are provided as well as top of the line linens. I wouldn't stay anywhere else .....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I had a lovely stay at the Woodstock Country Inn. A truly beautiful spot, complimented by Carol, the owner/innkeeper who is an extremely warm, welcoming and interesting lady. The inn itself is cozy, spotless clean, quiet, like being in your own home only with someone else taking care of everything. We look forward to going back very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife and I visited the Woodstock Country Inn for two nights to celebrate her birthday and we really had a great time. Carol made us feel perfectly at home with her engaging conversation and stellar breakfast. The sound of the wind in the trees on the mountain soothed us to sleep at night... The fire in the living room (with plenty extra firewood) heated up our scrabble game and reading time...what else? It is a 3 minute drive into town...there are great walks to take right from the property... The room was clean and well stocked. Highly recommended. We are planning to return with our parents in the spring!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

What a wonderful winter getaway! I was looking for a quiet and relaxing trip out of the city and this place was just as I hoped with its authentic country style and tasteful, warm accommodations. I stayed in the White Room, which was cozy at night and lovely in the morning. The surrounding country setting is stunning (great place for photography, walking/running) and as a city girl it made me appreciate the winter in way I hadn’t in a long time - peaceful and invigorating. Would love to go back and experience the other 3 seasons!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ana F
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We've stayed at the inn three times. We don't go to Woodstock for fun but rather to visit an ailing relative. Carol is the proverbial silver lining to us. It almost feels like going home as of this trip. She makes us fires in cozy living room, offers tea and EVEN brings me NY Times as am an X-word fanatic. Nice breakfasts with freshly baked bread and delish muffins.
Carol has suggestions re food and tourist attractions that inevitably hit the spot.
The inn is so charming, welcoming AND spotlessly clean w air-dried sheets on the bed with nice hard mattresses.
We'd never stay anywhere else, in part because of the inn's quiet charm and because Carol is such fun and a hoot, to boot.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Hotel Vienna
Hotel Vienna
#2 of 7 in Windham
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Woodstock Country Inn? Share your experiences!