“Excellent - stay at beatiful country retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Woodstock Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent - stay at beatiful country retreat”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

What a great little place. Checked in with my GF, and had a great stay. The place and the rooms are great. Breakfast was delightful,and Carol couldn't have been more pleasant. Would definitely recommend and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was the best B&B my fiance and I have ever stayed at! Carol was inviting, lovely, friendly, helpful and had great stories to tell. The Inn has a peaceful vibe, a comfortable common space, and is a nice walk down to Cooper Lake. Our room- the White Room was so calming and beautiful we just had to take pics of it! Carol always kept the wood stocked for the fireplace, had apples out on the counter for us, a wide selection of teas, and those blueberry muffins had a crumbly top that was amazing! We felt very much at home here; we'll be back!

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2011

For our mini-honeymoon weekend, we decided to stay at The Woodstock Country Inn B&B after reading so many great reviews. The 2nd floor white room we stayed in was charming and we enjoyed the fireplace the first night.

Breakfast the next morning was fine (home-made blueberry muffins, eggs & toast, or pancakes), although I would have preferred a separate dining table away from the other guests, especially since it was our honeymoon. There were moments of uncomfortable silence with the other guests at the single breakfast table. Carol was able to entertain us with her funny stories.

The B&B was charming until Carol the innkeeper turned crabby on us the 2nd night. She was irritated when she had to let us in the house when we forgot our keys to the house. She was already in her pj's and robe at 9pm. I didn't think it was such an inconvenience to let guests in the house as early as 9pm. Also, it was our experience at other Woodstock b&b's that they don't lock their doors. Not staying here again and will not recommend to family and friends. It really doesn't matter if David Bowie and Iman or the Rockefeller daughters stayed there if the innkeeper is so unpleasant at night. A veritable "Jekyll and Hyde" experience.

Retreat at Treegap, an eco-friendly b&b, was a much better experience, and Megan, the innkeeper, is so much nicer and more genuine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
carolinwoodstock, Owner at Woodstock Country Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
I deeply regret making someone feel bad, particularly on their honeymoon. I have written this guest a heartfelt apology, and have actually received a reply from her husband, who said he had a wonderful weekend!!
That said, I do feel a need to defend myself here, even though it doesn’t usually come across as graceful: I was, in fact, sound asleep at 9 pm. I had worked all day alone since my assistant could not come in. I took an antihistamine at 8:30 and was in a deep sleep when the doorbell rang. A kind guest who overheard the conversation with the newlywed said she would describe me as “sleepy” -- not “crabby.” Doesn’t that sound better?
I did notice the reviewer’s discomfort at the breakfast table and tried my best to step in and ease things up. Had I known she desired to be alone, I would have taken a tray up their room. It is sad to think how unhappy she was and I didn’t even know it.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The B&B was wonderful. Carol is a great host and source for Woodstock info. If you are in town for the ramble this is a great place to stay. Next trip to Woodstock I'll be stayin' here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Locust Valley, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have to say that my experience at the Woodstock Country Inn was wonderful. I was so impressed with the place that I am making it a point to go back there with my fiancee in the
Spring. We stayed in the White room. I suggest reserving it because the view is impeccable. It really felt like home. The house is beautifully decorated and the owner Carol was so sweet. We had such a delightful breakfast, fresh baked muffins with organic eggs. If you want to escape for a bit I highly recommend this Inn. It's one of those places that you never forget. A truly magical experience. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying only one night but by the time I left the Woodstock Country Inn I felt like one of those many guests who come to this wonderful home year after year. The location just outside of town is peaceful and scenic. I slept heavy- much needed, and awoke to an amazing breakfast of fresh muffins and eggs. The beauty of the Inn is surpassed only by the warmth and spirit of its owner, Carol, who already feels like a longtime friend. If you are looking for the absolute perfect getaway, stay here (it's common sense).

Room Tip: Loved the White Room upstairs to the right