“Comfort food oasis”
Review of Provisions

Provisions
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Provisions is a restaurant & pub specializing in comfort food. All of our butchery is done in-house. We utilize primarily whole animals that are sourced locally, antibiotic & hormone free. We offer a daily variety of vegetarian sandwiches as well. We make our own bread, our own mozzarella cheese & do all of our own pickling, sauces, salads, and desserts. Catering available.
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Where do I even begin with Provisions... we fell in love during their humble beginnings as a takeout-only spot when we discovered the most AMAZING breakfast sandwiches under the sun. Then we realized all the sandwiches are magical. But let me go back to the breakfast sammies because I need curious review readers to understand how serious I am about these bad boys. My husband and I look forward to Sundays (thankfully the only day they’re available or we’d be in trouble) all week. For one thing, they’re huge... They carry you right through the day until dinner. The flavor and texture of the focaccia they’re served on (PS- the other sandwiches are too!) is unreal. I recommend adding pickled onions, arugula, and sriracha aioli. If you skip the bacon/sausage, as delicious as they are, you don’t even feel like you’re missing anything because these babies are loaded with flavor, which is nice for vegetarians or people who just like to limit their carnivorous ways. These sandwiches are a breakfast game changer. If you don’t know, now you know.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

I first heard about Provisions via an article on the chef/owners' philanthropy work in the community and was intrigued enough to want to try it out. I'm normally not much of a lunch-y, sandwich-y person. So my husband and I waited until the weekend and then went in for breakfast. It is now the only breakfast we'll eat on Sunday morning. First of all, they make and cure their own sausage and it is divine. The sandwich, served on fresh-baked focaccia, is generous enough for two people to share -- so bring your appetite. You don't have to get the sandwich with sausage. You can also have the eggs and cheese sandwich with bacon, or ham, or get a veggie variety with eggs, cheese, arugula, tomato and sriracha. Or do the "everything": sausage, egg, cheese, arugula, tomato, sriracha and pickled onions. Finger licking good. Even better than the breakfast sandwich, are the two shining lights that are Emily and Anthony. They're all heart, those two. The community is so lucky to have them. Another fave on the menu is the Bird is the Word sandwich, and the Bat Outta Hell, a fresh take on a BLT. In summer, sitting on the sunny deck overlooking the stream is magical. In winter, there's a large wood stove in the bar area to warm your hands and your heart. Don't miss this gem.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Food is way to heavy. I had a breakfast sandwich that nearly made me go into a coma! I would have been okay if the owner didn’t have such a terrible attitude. I wish I had something good to say but unfortunately I was extremely disappointed.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Provisions is family run and you feel like family as soon as you walk through the door. The food is incredible and gives new meaning to the word “sandwich”. Chef Anthony creates these masterpieces with mostly local and in store made meats, breads and mozzarella. Open Thursday - Sunday for lunch and Mondays for dinner and Celtic music. This place is a “must go” if you’re in the Woodstock area of the Catskills. You’ll be very happy that you did! Highly recommend “The Robert Plant” and “Rueben’s Rueben”!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

Large portions of American Cuisine and nice views of a stream below and beyond the Woodstock golf course. Menu is interesting is a little limited.

Attentive service.