“Best $ Value in Woodstock & Delicious”
Review of Garden Cafe

Garden Cafe
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Organic vegan and Cafe & Juice Bar.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

After searching for a restaurant to eat at in Woodstock, and getting down to the wire at closing time- we saw that this place had good reviews and was probably the only affordable place in the area.

On top of that, I randomly ran into a friend from NYC on the street while we were sitting in the car figuring out which place to eat at on yelp-- so that sealed the deal.

Overall, food was very good and fresh. Our group basically ordered half the menu, and whatever you pick will be good.

Staff was super nice and made lots of recommendations of stuff to do in the area

Desserts (mm chocolate) were super yum! I would definitely go here again the next time I'm in town for an affordable budget price range (i've also tried a place down the st for burgers n the like.. it was ok, i think this is better)

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Had the Italian Tofu Scramble which was pretty good, but nothing special. The service was very slow - 15 minutes for coffee, 35 minutes for food. It seems like it should be more organized and harmonious. I didn't know it was vegan and that was a nice surprise. Worth trying but not fantastic, in my opinion.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Excellent vegan food and service. My wife and I were visiting the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary and were referred to the Garden Cafe. We ended up eating there three times in two days...it was that good. The soups were amazing and the corn tart appetizer was too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I do not write reviews based on a single visit to a restaurant as I believe anyone can have a bad day. My wife & I have been to the "Garden Cafe" a few times, & we were inpressed each & every time. I can sit here & describe the delectable dishes we enjoyed, but the main point I want to get across is to people who are not vegans or vegetarians: don't be afraid to try this place out. The food is simply delicious. & the desserts... u won't believe they're vegan! The service was great every time, & when we asked about how a particular dessert is made, the chef herself came out & talked to us. Pam clearly is a very talented chef, & she understands how to run a great restaurant as well. So carnivores & omnivores, don't let the 'v' word deprive you of a great dining experience. Your taste buds will be happy w/ food that's good for you! & the prices are reasonable too. If you consider the quality you get, the prices are great!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The garden patio is beautiful and serene. The food is vegan so if you're not a fan, I would skip it. But it is good quality and they have nice sauces that make tofu eatable :) the smoothies are really good and everything seems very healthy. Would recommend it!