“A victim of their own success?”
Review of Oriole 9

Oriole 9
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American, European, Dutch, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Oriole 9 is a busy and exciting breakfast, brunch and lunch spot right across from The Green in the heart of Woodstock. We serve the best coffees, cappuccinos and lattes in town. Our lively and creative dishes are locally sourced when possible, always made from scratch and prepared to order. Whether you're in town for a visit with family and friends or dropping in solo with a good book or your laptop to catch up on work; Oriole 9 is the right place to be.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were one of the 'leaf peepers' cluttering up the streets of Woodstock. Really, the town itself is not a restful place on a October weekend, it's as busy as any New York street. And Oriole 9 is vibrating with that energy.

It's lively, noisy, it's staff clearly rushed off their feet, efficient, friendly but too busy to give really good service. Food is fine, nothing wrong with anything we ate, but the crowds, the wait (it seemed to me that the average wait for a table was about 20-30 minutes) made me feel like we should get something spectacular rather than something just fine.

I think if we went on a quieter weekend, we might have a better impression but I was left feeling that I wouldn't need to go there again. I live in New York, I can find just as good/better here and when I go away for the leaves, I want something quieter and more charming.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Service was amazing. I had a huge salad and my family was able to find lots of variety on the menu. They even had a booster seat for my baby daughter

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The second morning in Woodstock my daughter and I walked to Oriole 9 for breakfast. Rumor has it that local and out of town famous musicians and actors can sometimes be spotted in this restaurant. I ordered the French toast, juice and coffee. When the French toast arrived it looked more like dessert than breakfast. The dish held two very large pieces of golden grilled egg battered bread covered with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. Of course French toast no matter how many toppings are on them cannot go down without maple syrup. Definitely the best breakfast I've ever eaten. And the service was great, atmosphere pleasant - a great way to start the day.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice assortment of food and waitress was knowledgeable about the various, unusual wines. Relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great food great price very relaxed. Excellent coffee. Family atmosphere with local artist features on the walls.
Lots of locals.