“And Now the Secret Is Out”
Review of Oriole 9

Oriole 9
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American, European, Dutch, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Oriole 9 is a busy and exciting breakfast, brunch and lunch spot right across from The Green in the heart of Woodstock. We serve the best coffees, cappuccinos and lattes in town. Our lively and creative dishes are locally sourced when possible, always made from scratch and prepared to order. Whether you're in town for a visit with family and friends or dropping in solo with a good book or your laptop to catch up on work; Oriole 9 is the right place to be.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I recently discovered that Oriole 9 is the place to be if one is in the mood for a casual dining experience with delicious food and drink. There are choices for vegetarians and vegans as well as for all others. The soups are wonderful and I am addicted to their German Hot Chocolate. Home made ice cream is on the menu as well. There are lots of tables and chairs, as well as a circular couch/table, so there is no problem finding a place to sit. The only fault I find with this busy restaurant is that they close at 4:30pm!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have only eaten breakfast here and it has always been excellent and reasonably priced.
The only thing I don't like is the irrefutably bad art choices (parading as excellence by one or other of the former Woodstock Association of Artists' presidents or some other politically positioned faux artiste bohemian crack head) and the likelihood that you might be seated much to close to a kooky, dandruff-dotted smelly local in their pajamas.

3  Thank peter k
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the type of place you wish was in your town! Friendly, artsy and great food. We had a late lunch/brunch and the place was packed. Luckily we got a table quickly and the server was amazing. Friendly and warm she was exceptionally well acquainted with the menu. My partner had the blueberry french toast, except they were out of blueberries but used strawberries instead. Delicious. I had an eggplant/hummus sandwich which was so large I took half back to the inn.

The whole place had an ambiance that most restaurants try for but fail - at Oriole I felt like I was an insider - but the secret is we only go to Woodstock once a year. This is our first stop!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is alwats fresh and from local farms. The satff is very nice and take good care of you. If you enjoy coffee this is a place you have to try.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Warm cozy , bright with lovely artwork on walls. Food was fresh and yummy with a European flair.
Excellent brunch. Recommend.