“Woodstock restaurant serving Mediterranean food”
Review of Joshua's

Joshua's
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Woodstock
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joshua's is the longest serving restaurant in Woodstock, feeding and delighting patrons with high-quality, healthy, delicious food for 44 years! We strive to use the freshest, locally sourced ingredients we can find. We look forward to being of service.
Reviewed June 4, 2019

nice restaurant near the town square. friendly and medium priced. open, get a window seat and enjoy the passing traffic.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Had dinner here first time in Woodstock. Sat upstairs where we were handed menus and then took 15 mins for someone to come over and take our drink order. And then another 15 minutes to get a glass of wine and a dirty martini. Mind you there was only another table of ten upstairs with us. Besides the wait- the food was horrible. Ordered the beet risotto with scallops. It was bland and the scallops were way over cooked to the point rubbery. We also had the bbq salmon dish. Which was OK. The zucchini latkes were good though.
Not sure how this place is ranked so high on TripAdvisor! Definitely would have passed on it.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019

A girl's day out found us in Woodstock, NY. While shopping in one of the many eclectic stores my friend asked for a recommendation for lunch. We were told Joshua's. So there we went. She wanted a burger, I wanted middle eastern. We were both incredibly satisfied with our meals. Price was right. She enjoyed her large burger and I enjoyed my tasty chicken vegetable soup and a falafel sandwich. We were too full for dessert. The service was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to going back.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 23, 2019

This was a lovely place to go for a late lunch. The food was good and the service was attentive. I ordered something with artichoke hearts and the waitress brought it with asparagus instead. I never will send food back as a rule, who knew that asparagus was a great substitute!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019

The restaurant was pretty from the outside- it calls you in with all the twinkling lights and tree out front. It was my birthday and we were visiting Woodstock for the first time and having a birthday dinner. Joshua's looked very cool so we went in.

Unfortunately the restaurant does not offer gluten free beer on its menu- I asked the waitress about it and she informed me it was not an option. I took a look at the drink menu- I no longer drink wine because of acid reflux (I seem to trigger my acid with wine) and I'm not really big on mixed drinks but I searched the menu and found a mixed drink that had cucumber in it and ordered it. It was very tasty, and I enjoyed the drink.

We finally got around to them bringing the food and I ordered a second drink and the waitress told me that the drink was no longer available because they "closed the bar". It was only about 9pm, the entire restaurant was full of people on a Friday night, and plenty of other people were still drinking. I looked confused at the waitress and she said she did not feel like dealing with a bar so she "closed it". She said if I wanted a drink my only options were now beer and wine, and this was as she was fully aware of my issues with finding a drink. My waitress was the same waitress who cut off the mixed drinks. It seemed bizarre to me, that they would close the bar in the middle of a full, buzzing restaurant.

I felt the proper thing to do should have been to warn me that due to being too busy to keep up with the bar they were closing it early and would I like another drink before they close it. But that didn't happen. I drank water even though I would have preferred to have a second drink- and the drinks were not cheap, either, it was about $10 for the drink.

I wondered if the owner of the restaurant had any clue that my waitress was telling me at 9pm that I could not have another $10 drink. My gut feeling was- no. I also wasn't a fan of the waitress's aloof tone to me as I struggled to find a drink on the menu that my allergies and acid could handle, and it seemed rather lousy that she knew about my issues and closed the bar herself without asking me if I wanted another drink first. Because of this odd treatment about my drink from the waitress, I give 3 stars. Food was good, but I don't think the waitress treated me all that great at my birthday dinner, and it still sticks in my mind all these months later. I'm pretty forgiving- but, something was just off about being told I couldn't have another drink.

If you go to Joshua's, go early so you can drink without them cutting you off in the middle of your dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018