“Almost perfect!”

Joshua's
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Woodstock
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joshua's is the longest serving restaurant in Woodstock, feeding and delighting patrons with high-quality, healthy, delicious food for 44 years! We strive to use the freshest, locally sourced ingredients we can find. We look forward to being of service.
Reviewed January 3, 2019

We love the healthy and vegan options at Joshua's. Their food is always fabulous and it allows for options for all. In this case, I went for the vegan ravioli for dinner as it wasn't available for lunch last time I was here. It was fabulous and would be enjoyed by non vegans as well. My husband loved his seafood meal. Wine options are good, and the prices are fair:)

The next day, nothing was open early enough for breakfast, so we went back to Joshua's! I had a fabulous tofu scramble dish (again, vegan, YAY and THANK YOU).

Service was excellent during both meals, by all staff!

The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star was that the decor is very lacking, and if you go during daylight, you think you are at a cafeteria or similar. Nighttime is better, but still, it could be much better. The lack of décor wouldn't stop me from going back, but if they even just upgraded the tables and chairs, that would be nice.

Also, the girls at the bar upstairs were very slow in pulling drink orders together. It could have been a one-time thing, but I think i waited 15 mins for my espresso martini, and there was hardly anyone at the bar. Still, they were all pleasant.

THANKS for such thoughtful, quality food. It means a lot:)

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed November 19, 2018

We recently dined at Joshua's in Woodstock, which we selected for its varied menu. We wound up eating on the second floor, which was lovely and looked out over trees with lights in them. Service was attentive, and portions plentiful. We started with the sweet potato and carrot latkes, which stole the show. Excellent and just the right amount of sweet to accompany the sour cream they were served with. Entrees come with a small sampler of hummus, baba ganoush and tabouli, a nice touch, and a salad. My main, scallops, was served over a beet risotto. The scallops were good, but probably could have been cooked a min less, and I did not care for the risotto. My husband had the shish kebob, which was lamb. He really liked it. Dessert did not gran us, so we stopped there. A very good (but short of great) meal.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 10, 2018

With 4 people, we appreciated the variety and all of our meals were excellent. Great atmosphere and location.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

My wife and I had a great lunch in this neat cozy place in the middle of town. we ate upstairs without a reservation. we both had the Chicken Baquette sandwiches which were delicious. The Bloody Mary's were full and well worth it. We plan on returning as the service was quick and friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

My wife and I stopped here after looking at the menu outside and we weren't disappointed. We ate upstairs overlooking the local foot traffic and saw some entertaining sights! The Bloody Mary's were very good and we both had the daily soups. I enjoyed the chicken with provolone and roasted peppers. Service was timely and friendly. We would eat there again.

Date of visit: October 2018