“Cupcake connoisseurs delight.”

Peace, Love & Cupcakes
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Woodstock
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ok, I have to be honest, I am a cupcake-a-holic. They are my passion, my delight, and my weak point in life so I am always thrilled when I find a cupcake shop, especially one that has win awards for their cupcakes.

We tried 3 different cupcakes. The award winning one wasn't bad, would have liked it to have been a little more moist and with a better spreading of it's frosting, which had a taste that was perfect.

We also tried the coconut cupcake, which was a total hit with everyone in my party. Moist, not overwhelming and very good.

But the total hit, pure perfection was one of the seasonal cupcakes, a pumpkin spiced one. It sang delightfully on my taste buds and had my senses demanding that I go back and get more, although my waist line demanded I use more restraint. Darn waistline! They were moist, delicious and totally worth the price and I would highly recommend.

1  Thank j g

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I visited in early Summer when they had only been open for a few weeks. I live in town and the shop's opening was exciting, but my first visit was a little disappointing. The cupcake trend is certainly thriving and crawling up from the city through the HuVa, but this shop is doing some things a little wrong.

We'll start with the prices. $3 for something I could get at a school bake sale for 75¢ is a little steep. I understand that it's tough running a cupcake-centeric business in a small town, but come on. "Raw" cakes here are almost five dollars. Obviously PL&C is depending on the Summer flow of wealthy NYCers (who have much more expensive cupcakes back home, I have to say).

Second, this shop isn't good for locals. They're attaching names like "The Joplin" and "The Dylan" for things like devil's food cake and coconut icing. This is not only a sell-out to the tourist crowds, but disrespectful to the artists and spirit of the 60s. Our town was home to so many artists because of the tolerance, quiet, and respect locals gave them. I'm sure Hendrix would hate seeing his name on some carrot cake just as much as seeing people take pictures with his cut-out next door. I get that the owner is trying to draw folks in, but if you made great cupcakes (like that place in New Paltz) you would have a line at the door no matter what.

Third, my experience with their tie-dye cake. I've had rainbow/tie-dye cupcakes before. They're usually a chocolatey moist swirl of bold colors, but what PL&C gave me was dry and flavorless. Even the colors were muted. Has anyone had Baked by Melissa's $1 tie-dye mini-cupcakes in SoHo? The colors are brilliant and the cake is perfect. Maybe mine here was from a bad batch. I'm interested to know what their "award winning" cakes are like.

I'm hopeful that they've improved over the few months they've been around. I encourage you to go in if you have the money to risk on an iffy cake.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

so rare t.o find sch beautiful looking, delicious and unusual flavors with enchanting musical fame names. Taking all my guests there to choose for themselves.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stopped in at Peace, Love & Cupcakes to satisfy my sweet tooth while walking around downtown. It is a great little spot with a few chairs outside in a quiet little corner. The cupcakes are gluten free and there are a few vegan options as well. Most of the cupcakes are named after musical artists from the 60s. I had "The Dylan" which is a carrot cake cupcake. It was perfect! A great little place if you are looking for a treat!