We found this B&B by chance and boy were we pleased. The home is just beautiful, filled with carefully selected little antique pieces and curios. You can expect to completely unwind, come away feeling like you met interesting people and lived in a little luxury. Here are some reasons why i am raving about Deforest:
1. The host are smart, well traveled and worldly. You can expect to be engaged (watch the clock, the next thing you know you've been chatting for an hour and no idea how time flew by)
2. Catheriene has impeccable taste. The white bedroom as very well decorated, with ample light flowing in. The bathroom was stocked with l'occitane products
3. The pool is a good addition, great shade and nice to hang out at night. No curfews here.
4. Close to town, hiking trail, Bridcliff yet far enough to hear the sound of the woods and spot deers by the dozen.
Enough said... must stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DeForest House is a 1920's Byrdcliffe style private residence located on five wooded acres with in-ground pool within walking distance of Woodstock's Town Center. Your front bedroom -the Victorian Room- with private bath overlooks the woods where deer and turkey come to feed, and the rear bedroom -the Moroccan Room - with private bath has its own terrace overlooking the woods. There are lounge areas at the pool and two outside patios, or if you prefer a large living room with fireplace. The library area features lots of books on local attractions and the history of the Hudson Valley. Wifi and cable TV are available in the bedrooms. ... more less