“Right in the center of town, fun, quick, good food”
Review of Yum Yum Noodle Bar

Yum Yum Noodle Bar
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I enjoyed the Yum Yum cafe. I was able to get a vegetarian meal while my husband was able to get something with meat. The food was quite good. The only challenge for us was that they didn't offer forks and we're not that adept at eating with chopsticks. I'm sure they must have some behind the counter, but we stayed with the experience and tried to eat our entire meal (noodles!) with the chop sticks. I'm sure we were a sight for the rest of the people in the cafe.

We got the fried dumplings and though they were delicious, they were also a bit greasy. I'd still get them again though, but I'd ask them to be careful about that one thing.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

You are going to love this place! Noodle bowls, grilled specialties, tasty treats. All very reasonably priced. Great staff, fun beautiful art inside.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Wow, this noodle bar is an exercise in efficiency, and the epitome of delicious ramen bowls!! Ramen noodles and braised shredded pork followed vegetable dumplings. Amazing food!! So tasty. Popular? You bet! Yum Yum opened at 4:30pm Saturday and every seat was filled within 15 minutes! GO and enjoy!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I always wished for a noodle house in my hometown. Then Yum Yum showed up. It was everything I wanted it to be! Properly cooked noodles, delicious broth and lots of extras and options. Overall a great experience. Can be a tad expensive for what is offered, but that's a very minor complaint.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I think Yum Yum is a Winter Restaurant. Something about the delicious-smelling and warm atmosphere make for a great dinner on a cold and windy night. The patio is nice in the Summer but I actually think the food tastes better in January.

You have to know what to order here, and a lot of it has to do with which chef is in. Here are my suggestions:

Soups: Never get ramen or soba noodles. The ramen soak up all the broth by the time you're finishing your bowl, so if you save your noodles like I do, they end up mushy and gross. I don't ever find soba noodles good in soups. They're too slippery and don't add much to the bowl.
Pork is never a bad idea for any of the broths. Their pork is so good. Mmmmm. Beef and chicken are eh. Tofu and Seitan are pretty good (but if you're not a vega go for the pork).

Plates: It's tricky to figure out what's an appetizer and what is entrée-sized. Try basing it off the prices or asking your server. Kale Salad, pork/seitan buns, chicken satay are all great appetizers (mix them for a meal). Pad thai is best entree. Ask to add protein. Well worth another $4 (pork!!!!). Their pork banh mi is a regular special. It's sooooo good. They give you a mountain of pork and leave you in heaven. Gah I could go for one right now. Don't write reviews when you're hungry =D