“An inn and owner of matching charm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wild Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
The Wild Rose Inn
You added The Wild Rose Inn to your Saves list
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“An inn and owner of matching charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My gf and I spent a romantic weekend at the Wild Rose... I'd read the reviews of the inn's charm and the owner's big heart and I was still swept away. The inn is perfectly located a short walk from the heart of Woodstock and I was sad I didn't have more time to soak in the grounds with the koi pond, pool and beautiful deck. Marti is a blast as well as her son, and we spent a breakfast with each and another set of guests talking like we were old friends, sharing life stories and future wishes. The room was comfy (honeysuckle jr) and the breakfasts were perfect. It made for the perfect getaway weekend that couldn't be spoiled by the weather.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We loved the Wild Rose on every count. The Honeysuckle Suite was terrific, the pool was great, and the proximity to Tinker Street was the closest we've ever been. We even walked to and from Woodstock Cucina! We didn't make any waffles, but they looked and smelled great. The Wall of Fame is fantastic. Marti's mom and son Austen were delightful hosts, too. We'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Honeysuckle Suite was terrific.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neilandjeanne
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I was here with 2 friends staying in the Sterling Rose room for a weekend.
The house itself is gorgeous, really looks like from a fairly tale, old fashion style but still everything is renovated and clean. It is 5 min walk from the downtown area. The breakfast was wonderful, especially the waffles. There is a pool and a lot of chairs and beds to rest.
The hosts, Austin and his grandma were just wonderful: helpful with anything we asked for and always at our disposal.
It felt like home away from home! Highly recommended :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bumblebee021
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Returning to Woodstock after 13 years, I was so happy to find Wild Rose. It was one of the most comfortable beds ever! The place is so pleasing. I could lay at the pool all day. Marti the innkeeper is a gem. The only thing I dislike about The Wild Rose Inn is having to leave! I look forward to coming back!

Stayed August 2012
Piermont, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This very comfortable inn is easily within walking distance of "downtown" Woodstock. Martin & her son are very friendly, accommodating and helpful. The only disappointment is a somewhat Courtyard - like breakfast. It's advertised as an expanded continental breakfast, so I guess I should not have expected a homemade spread with hot choices (there is a make it yourself waffle iron available - just don't try to use it the same time you use the toaster). In general, it's a very good choice for a relaxing stay in Woodstock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband, 2 1/2 year old daughter and I stayed here to celebrate my birthday and I knew from the minute we pulled up that I was going to love it! The Inn itself is so gorgeous- walking inside it was warm and familiar. The room we stayed in was lovely- very clean and had a little porch area outside of our separate entrance. The bathroom was pretty with a whirlpool tub (so nice!). We immediately headed for the saltwater pool (yes saltwater and now I am forever spoiled!) in this gorgeous area that was beautifully landscaped and had a canopied tent with chairs and a table, across from that a lounge area with a huge umbrella and great seagrass lounge chaises, and the best part, at the end- a fountain! Heaven! Outside of that area was a koi pond filled with huge colorful koi and a big Buddha statue watching over the pond- amazing! The town on Woodstock is a short 3-5 minute walk from the Inn which was awesome- we loved it, plenty of cool stuff to see and do.

Breakfast had any and everything you could possibly ask for! From oatmeal coconut Belgium waffles to hard boiled eggs to fruit loops to Nutella! Anything! Delicious and fresh!

The best part of the Inn is the fabulous owner/Innkeeper Marti. She is one of those rare individuals who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Within 5 minutes of talking to her you feel like she's your old friend.

Do yourself a favor and go there- trust that you won't regret it! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any room is good- we stayed in the Honeysuckle Suite!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marisa M
bloomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I are hard working metro folks from the Tri-State area. Our lives are busy and our swag was anxious and angry before coming here. We needed to get away and did so at the Wild Rose Inn. It has been a wonderful stay. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious, comfy and very clean. The breakfast is made with so much care and attention. The chlorine-free pool is beautiful and relaxing. The local Woodstock and Kingston areas have great options for all types of food, nightlife and scenic day trips. Coming home from our daily adventures was more welcoming than we could've imagined. The Inn-Keeper, Marti is a pleasure to deal with. Treat her as you would treat anyone that cares for you like a mother and your stay will flourish everyday. It is a place for real and whole-hearted people that need to relax and enjoy the beauty of Upstate NY. After staying at other B&Bs in the Catskill area, I consider Marti's place far above the rest in service and environment.

Room Tip: All rooms have photos online
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties
4.0 of 5 stars 132 reviews

Been to The Wild Rose Inn? Share your experiences!