“Home away from home,.....seriously!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Retreat at TreeGap

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Retreat at TreeGap
Ranked #6 of 8 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Montclair, New Jersey
“Home away from home,.....seriously!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

My husband and I just came back today from Tree Gap, and what a wonderful place! We loved it! The room was absolutely perfect....sleigh bed, window seating, outside porch, outside shower. Megan was the perfect hostess..... she really catered to our individual needs for any food request. The breakfast was great! Megan made us fresh blueberry shakes, spinach strata, apple waffles, apple crumb cake, baked breads, etc. Everything was made organically or grown there. We made friends with a cat named Felix and a dog named Bess.
The room was equipped with everything we needed, including an ipod dock, tv, dvd, iron, suggestions for places to visit and even a monocular to look at the stars (which we did! The sky is so beautiful at night)

We wound up going into town and taking in Woodstock's charm. Really lovely. We had a hard time leaving. We enjoyed ourselves very much and look forward to visiting again in the Spring.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1SunQueen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our weekend get-away at The Retreat at Tree Gap. Meagan was very friendly and accommodating, and the breakfasts she made for us were delicious! The room is very spacious, clean, and has a great outdoor private porch where you can enjoy watching the wildlife outside - lots of deer came by to enjoy the apples that had fallen off the tree in the yard. The Retreat at Tree Gap is a quiet, secluded place to stay, but very close to downtown Woodstock and Overlook Mountain, so we were able to enjoy lots of the nearby restaurants in town and go hiking as well without having to drive very far.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Ordinarily, I stay away from B&Bs because I don't want to interact with the owner or other guests. After reading reviews of the Retreat, though, I called Megan to find out whether my husband and I really could have a private stay at the Retreat. After reassuring me that I wouldn't find the things I hate about B&Bs at the Retreat, my husband and I booked 2 nights in the White Pines Suite.
Everything about our stay was perfect. The room feels like a cabin (in the very best sense), cozy (even though it's a huge room), incredibly clean and spare (also in the very best sense), and loads of sunlight because of the large windows on all three walls. There's a wonderful windowseat where we could have easily passed the entire day, that is if we didn't want to sit out on the porch where there's a really comfortable bench. The bathroom is also large and incredibly clean.
The property is also gorgeous--lots of fruit trees, plenty of birds, deer, chipmunks, a dog. There's no traffic so it's really quiet.
Megan serves an amazing breakfast, and leaves it outside your room, so again, there's no interaction with her or the other guests. (She has another room above the garage, called a carriage house. We didn't see it, or the guests who were staying there, but I imagine it's just as comfortable and beautiful.)
If all B&Bs were like the Retreat, we'd be converts.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SarafromBrooklyn
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. Accomodations were superb. Property was secluded and quiet but not far from Woodstock. Megan, the proprietor, was extremely helpful and accommodating. Breakfasts were great. Room was extremely comfortable. Outdoor porch was the best - didn't want to move from it. Can't wait to return

• Stayed July 2011
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

What a lovely place TreeGap is! The rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished. They are also immaculate. Eating a scrumptious breakfast in an outdoor room overlooking a pretty country setting was truly relaxing. We did not want to leave. Meagan could not be any friendlier or more helpful in directing to restaurants and hiking. The photos of this place do not do it justice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

I can’t wait for another retreat at the TreeGap!
My weekend was the epitome of relaxation, yet in an inspired energized way.
It was wonderful to feel so separated from the busy world and so immersed in nature! My suite was very comfortable-spacious, yet cozy, and the innkeeper Megan is lovely: she was full of information about interesting places to go, things to do and the breakfast she serves up is a feast! I can’t remember when I ever felt so nourished – on every level- after a long weekend get away, and am happy to have found a new go-to place for quality R&R.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I can't remember when I've had a more relaxing and restorative couple of days. The atmosphere at Treegap was quiet yet energetic. Perhaps the energy came from the pleasant clucking of the chickens and the breeze in the huge old trees. Whatever, Megan was the perfect hostess and Treegap provided exactly what I needed. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
#1 of 6 in Saugerties
Courtyard Kingston
Courtyard Kingston
#3 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Retreat at TreeGap? Share your experiences!