WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Montreal, Canada
“it's ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went to this hotel during my vacation to New York, it's an average hotel I should say.. the rooms were very small , beds were ok, the bathroom had poor water and when you turned on the heater, the room smelt really bad (sweat). This hotel is good for someone who likes economical type of hotel and it's cheap! I ordered this on HOJO.com, they offer high speed free internet which is nice! TV was bad, the graphics are not good, not much selection of channels. They provided a safety box, but you had to slide your credit card.. but it didnt work..The provided breakfast too, but, it's only coffee, juice, and choice of muffin. It's really close to Queens blvd so a lot of cars pass by and its really noisy at night.But one thing I liked was transportation to times square was easy, walk few blocks and you get on Woodside station.The service was friendly and when we had questions, they always answered us.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kychin15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Worst hotel ever I have stayed so far. This is the the 3rd time I am submitting my review as TripAdvisor refused to publish previous 2 calling them too harsh!!! But I shld have the liberty to express my feeling at my own free will ........... when I give rating 5 to a property, they dont have any problem but why now??? I guess people have the right to know the actual scenario before they book a hotel and later regret!!! No hygiene whatsoever..............you can have plenty of human hairs everywhere.........bedcovers, towels, bathrooms and where not? I wish there were any negative rating, even 1 star is too much for this property. And yes, going with family would be the worst mistake!!! Its like I have already visited Hell before I died.............paid for 7 nights but got out of there in 2 nights and I am thankful I did that!!! Never Again...................NEVER!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SCOTIA2012
Mtl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

During my winter vacation, I went to New York and I decided to choose this hotel due to the fact it wasn't too pricey, but unfortunately I was disappointed.
First of all, I found that the spacing was small, whenever I woke up during the night, I would always hit something (table,chair,etc). I wished that it would be more big.
Second, the shower was horrible and the washroom was small and was a bit dirty.
Third, i didn't feel secured at all in this hotel, each time I had to leave the hotel for breakfast or to take a walk, I would have to lock everything up... They provided a safety box ,on the contrary, it was full of dirt and it couldn't open at all.
Fourth, the breakfast was free,unfortunately, it was horrible, it only gave you choice of cereals, of coffee and some horrible muffins...
Fifth, I didn't really like the location,because it was close to the highway and a lot of car passed by and was noisy...
Sixth, the TV channel provided by this hotel wasn't too good, it was a poor variety of channels , I think we only had like 5-10 channels.
Seventh, the only thing I like was the Wi Fi provided by the hotel, they didn't charge us and it was a high-speed internet.
Eighth, the service was friendly and treated us well.

1 Thank Kc C
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I went to this hotel for 3 nights, the room was really small, the beds were OK though, the blankets were thin and we were in the middle of the winter. Internet was running fast(free) It was a bit pricey for the facility we have there. The hotel seemed very plain, the breakfast ...you can't really call a breakfast, because it only served coffee and muffins...I choose this hotel because I wanted to find a family-style hotel, not too expensive and yet comfortable, because in NYC, you can't really find a nice, cheap, comfortable hotel in manhattan. Queens is a good location, just a few walks away there's woodside street, there's a subway, 61 st. Woodside, easy access . On woodside street, there's also restaurants and shops but not much. I couldn't even sleep because we were on Queens blvd. the neighbourhood was noisy! I would recommend this hotel if you like cheap hotel.

1 Thank Johnnykfchin
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked this hotel in order to drive to Laguardia Airport and receive my daughter who was flying in from St Louis and take her to her interview. I was told the hotel had free parking and continental breakfast both of which were a joke. I reached there from PA at 9 pm and the lady at the desk was very uncourteous and uninterested in helping me. She sais theere are parking spaces behing the hotel and was not told that the parkins spaces were only 8 in all for the entire hotel and these were full. She told me i should find parking myself on the road anywhere i can. The room was small(202) and the bathroom door wouid not close as it was being obstructed by the sink. The water pressure was appauling and the room was noisy throughout the night. breasfast was appauling as well. I will not advise anyone to stay her especially if you are driving in. I was gklad I was staying one night only.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 202.