Woodside Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Metro Motel(Woodside)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Long Island City(Long Island City)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed December 26, 2012

During my winter vacation, I went to New York and I decided to choose this hotel due to the fact it wasn't too pricey, but unfortunately I was disappointed.
First of all, I found that the spacing was small, whenever I woke up during the night, I would always hit something (table,chair,etc). I wished that it would be more big.
Second, the shower was horrible and the washroom was small and was a bit dirty.
Third, i didn't feel secured at all in this hotel, each time I had to leave the hotel for breakfast or to take a walk, I would have to lock everything up... They provided a safety box ,on the contrary, it was full of dirt and it couldn't open at all.
Fourth, the breakfast was free,unfortunately, it was horrible, it only gave you choice of cereals, of coffee and some horrible muffins...
Fifth, I didn't really like the location,because it was close to the highway and a lot of car passed by and was noisy...
Sixth, the TV channel provided by this hotel wasn't too good, it was a poor variety of channels , I think we only had like 5-10 channels.
Seventh, the only thing I like was the Wi Fi provided by the hotel, they didn't charge us and it was a high-speed internet.
Eighth, the service was friendly and treated us well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kc C
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I went to this hotel for 3 nights, the room was really small, the beds were OK though, the blankets were thin and we were in the middle of the winter. Internet was running fast(free) It was a bit pricey for the facility we have there. The hotel seemed very plain, the breakfast ...you can't really call a breakfast, because it only served coffee and muffins...I choose this hotel because I wanted to find a family-style hotel, not too expensive and yet comfortable, because in NYC, you can't really find a nice, cheap, comfortable hotel in manhattan. Queens is a good location, just a few walks away there's woodside street, there's a subway, 61 st. Woodside, easy access . On woodside street, there's also restaurants and shops but not much. I couldn't even sleep because we were on Queens blvd. the neighbourhood was noisy! I would recommend this hotel if you like cheap hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnnykfchin
Reviewed December 15, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked this hotel in order to drive to Laguardia Airport and receive my daughter who was flying in from St Louis and take her to her interview. I was told the hotel had free parking and continental breakfast both of which were a joke. I reached there from PA at 9 pm and the lady at the desk was very uncourteous and uninterested in helping me. She sais theere are parking spaces behing the hotel and was not told that the parkins spaces were only 8 in all for the entire hotel and these were full. She told me i should find parking myself on the road anywhere i can. The room was small(202) and the bathroom door wouid not close as it was being obstructed by the sink. The water pressure was appauling and the room was noisy throughout the night. breasfast was appauling as well. I will not advise anyone to stay her especially if you are driving in. I was gklad I was staying one night only.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 202.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family