“Good location but Poor room”
Review of Woodside Motel

and 1 more site!
Woodside Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Montreal, Canada
“Good location but Poor room”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I went to this hotel for 3 nights, the room was really small, the beds were OK though, the blankets were thin and we were in the middle of the winter. Internet was running fast(free) It was a bit pricey for the facility we have there. The hotel seemed very plain, the breakfast ...you can't really call a breakfast, because it only served coffee and muffins...I choose this hotel because I wanted to find a family-style hotel, not too expensive and yet comfortable, because in NYC, you can't really find a nice, cheap, comfortable hotel in manhattan. Queens is a good location, just a few walks away there's woodside street, there's a subway, 61 st. Woodside, easy access . On woodside street, there's also restaurants and shops but not much. I couldn't even sleep because we were on Queens blvd. the neighbourhood was noisy! I would recommend this hotel if you like cheap hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Johnnykfchin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked this hotel in order to drive to Laguardia Airport and receive my daughter who was flying in from St Louis and take her to her interview. I was told the hotel had free parking and continental breakfast both of which were a joke. I reached there from PA at 9 pm and the lady at the desk was very uncourteous and uninterested in helping me. She sais theere are parking spaces behing the hotel and was not told that the parkins spaces were only 8 in all for the entire hotel and these were full. She told me i should find parking myself on the road anywhere i can. The room was small(202) and the bathroom door wouid not close as it was being obstructed by the sink. The water pressure was appauling and the room was noisy throughout the night. breasfast was appauling as well. I will not advise anyone to stay her especially if you are driving in. I was gklad I was staying one night only.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 202.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Madhu1822

Travelers are raving about these Woodside hotels

HOWARD BEACH
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was the worst stay at any hotel I have ever stayed at;no water pressure in shower,few TV channels,made my beds myself,the female desk clerk had no personality;she was being yelled at by a patron while I was waiting for my room that was not ready until an hour after I was supposed to check in,they have rooms for short stays in other words its a hooker hotel. this place should be closed down by the board of health.could not sleep here very noisy at night in the hallways and outside. I should take them to court and get my money back .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

3 Thank MR Y
WORCESTER
Reviewed October 23, 2012

clean, minutes away from bklyn, access to all bridges, train 3 blocks away. small, quiet and comfortable for a short stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let me start by saying that we have stayed at this hotel for several years. We found it while searching for an economical place that allowed easy access to the city with advantages such as free parking. It was perfect. It was easy to find the subway, which was just a short walk from the hotel through a quiet neighborhood. We never felt uneasy about walking between the two no matter the time of day. The staff at the hotel has always been kind. Allowing us to park our cars before we could check in and allowing us to leave them after our check out so that we could get as much time in the city as possible. The rooms are not large, but there has always been ample space to sleep and shower (which is about as much time as we spend there). We have gone back multiple times since then, we have taken many people with us, and we have told a lot of people about 'our little secret'.

Now the disappointment. On this trip we had two rooms. Both seemed a little run down. Understand that I know this is an older hotel, but remember that I have visited it many times and this was different. We were also surprised to find that in one of the rooms dirty wash clothes had been left in the bath tub, and in the other used soap was left in the bathtub, and a used wash cloth had been folded and placed back on the towel rack. We have never experienced this in this hotel until now. The other thing that we noticed was that one of the rooms did not have an iron/ironing board and there was no alarm clock. Normally these would be standard items. These few things alone might not normally have been something worth noting, however, with the overall condition of the rooms seeming to be declining and then this lack of care just makes me think that the hotel isn't being as well taken care of as it was in the past. It was enough that we are considering looking for another hotel for our next trip.

Generally I don't like to complain but in this case I must stress again that our concern is more that the conditions will continue to get worse if the condition between our last trip and this is any indication.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
Quality Inn Woodside
#1 of 3 in Woodside
Best Western Long Island City
#22 of 32 in Long Island City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#30 of 32 in Long Island City
Hotel Q New York
#1 of 2 in Elmhurst
The Paper Factory Hotel
#9 of 32 in Long Island City

Been to Woodside Motel? Share your experiences!