“Elegant!”

Ranked #94 of 180 Restaurants in Woodside
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nice ambiance. It's very different from your typical filipino restaurant. It's spacy and good service. I went with non Filipino friends. perhaps we don't know what to order. Not very impressed with the food. I do however like their tuna steak and fruit drinks.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I visited this place during the weekend and was definitely impressed! We had a couple of dishes from the adobo, fried chicken, noodle dish, and the halo halo. Everything was great and service was fast! You can actually get to this place via the transit.

1  Thank Thebrownkidblog
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food is wonderful and pleasant to dine on, though you sometimes need to give a little direction to how cooked you want your sisig, or asking for your white rice to be fresh and hot. My order on the Kare-kare was good, just a tad bit too oily. If you order make your preferences known!

Service on the other hand, is a little difficult to explain. The servers looked about high school age, with no basic training in service. They'll take your order as quickly as possible then go off without waiting to see if you had questions or preferences. Lemon and Zucchini water was a surprise, a nice change from the plain water, but you had to request for ice and wait about 10 minutes before getting it! Had an order forgotten also, but the pleasant personality of a different waiter was a score raiser. When my meal ended, I was a slight bit aggravated that my receipt was not given till I asked for it after a couple minutes of waiting and seeing the waiter go sit down to eat.

As for its location in the quiet border of Sunnyside and Woodside, it gets a 4. Parking is difficult during certain times since you have to rely on street sense.

As much as I like the area and food, despite the lacking service, I would still go back for the food. If you're not a patient person, try not to come here if you are in a rush; unless you order take out and pick it up after.

1  Thank ineng55
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went with my wife and friends to support one of our friends playing in the band and was having a good time when this receptionist is trying to pimp our wife to the apparently managers friend.And the worst part of it is even the manager tried to speak to our wives to be with this arrogant customers.No respect to our group at all.Food and service are bad.Will not recommend this place to anyone especially to women.Degrading to us Filipinos...

2  Thank Badtrip3
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed Payag before, so we decided to take non-Fililipino friends of ours to introduce them to Filipino cuisine. They loved it. They were impressed by the decor and the warm welcome from the manager and the bartender. They liked the fact that the menu included an explanation of the influences on Filipino cooking. We stated off with citrus salad, fried lumpia and mussels tahong. All good, but the only minor annoyance was that the mussels arrived with the main dish. Have seen this problem written up in other reviews. But the mussels with cheese were really good, so it wasn't a big deal. For entrees, my friend had beef salpicao, while his wife, who doesn't eat meat, had pinakbet with shrimp. I had my favorite, boneless crispy pata, and my wife had humba (braised pork). We also had a plate of garlic rice for the table, nicely seasoned and more than enough. So that we'd have room for dessert, we had the entrees wrapped before we finished (for a nice lunch on Sunday). It was a good decision because our friends raved about the avocado cheesecake. An enjoyable evening, and not nearly as expensive as I had expected. The only downside was that the wait staff seemed a bit confused and distant, but luckily the manager kept things moving.