“A Bad Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Riverside, California
“A Bad Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

checkout time is 11am & checkin time is 3pm. Additional $50 charge for early checkin. no choice. I had to pay $50
because I didn't want to wait for 3 hours. couldn't even go somewhere else leaving the luggages and come back at
the checkin time because there was NO safe place to keep the luggages. they just leave the luggages right by the
front door because of the extremely tiny lobby.
2. unbelievable! no screen window! had to chase mosquitoes came in while the window was open.
3. very noisy due to the busy street right in front of the hotel. on top of that, my room was right next to the elevator.
the walls don't seem to be sound proof.
4. Staff are very rude. they never smile.
5. the hotel is in ghetto area. it was scary to walk to the hotel from subway in the evening.
6. I stayed for 5 days but the internet was not working for 4 days. even after fixing it, i couldn't use it because it was too..too..slow.
7. free breakfast of same menu every single morning was garbage too.

Room Tip: my tip is just not to go to this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Warsaw
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was my second trip to US Open + traditional NY attractions. The previous time I stayed at the Holland Motor Lodge in Jersey City [the name has since changed I believe], paid just under $100 but had to walk about a kilometer across a shopping mall car park, then the mall itself, then some more to PATH, then endure that ancient transit system, and still end up just at 33rd St. This time the walk to the subway was three minutes maybe, then less than 20 minutes to either the BJ King Tennis Center or to GrandCentral or Times Square in the opposite direction. The hotel itself was just adequate, clean, efficient, easily reached from JFK by taxi or Subway (7, then E) + Airtrain. Like others have said, the breakfast is nothing to write home about but it was still better than at many US budget accommodation offerings. One complaint is about the really effective but not very quiet split-type AC, another about the poor choice of TV channels, fewer than 20 working, and none showing tennis if you wished for some of it from the night session. Didn't like the free-parking idea, though, wish they'd charge those with cars and charged less for rooms those without one, there being no such thing as free lunch.
Still, we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. I found the room to be fine it seemed clean and everything in order. The staff at the front desk was not really helpful at all. When I would ask a question the general response was a blank stare. It one point I had to ask the girl at the desk if she could hear me talking. The good part is just a short walk down Queens Blvd. puts you in the Sunnyside Village and it is awesome. It is very multi-cultural with lots of little stores and restaurants. Their is Mexican, Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Turkish, Indian, Chinese, Sushi, Thai, Korean, and Greek food among others. I loved the neighborhood so much I will probably move into that area. Also there is easy access to the Subway with a quick trip into Manhattan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Badb88
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We tried a different hotel for our third trip to New York City. We stayed twice at the La Quinta a mile or so away from the Quality Inn and, frankly, there is not a lot of difference between both. We hoped it would be better, but it is mostly the same sleep and eat stop close to NYC. The beds are fine, the restroom as clean as you could wish and the location pretty good if you plan to use the subway. But the breakfast is below par and cramped at the front of the hotel. The A/C unit is minimal and doesn't remove the humidity of the room. Even with these flaws, it still a decent alternative to any low cost Manhattan hotel who will cost you at least double what you'll pay for this hotel.

Room Tip: The neighborhood isn't exactly first class. I could be wrong, but I don't recommend this hot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smeag0l
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Damp musty smell, bathroom ceiling was was falling down, elevator was broken the linen was from 1970 ,breakfast LOL!!! enough said it has parking but only about 15 spots first come first serve luckily we got the last one when we arrived don't be cheap spend other 100 bucks a night and stay somewhere nice

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tyrox T

Travelers are raving about these Woodside hotels

Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Moldy ,damp,filthy ,humid ,infested place . I bookk 2 rooms for 3 nights via hotel.com .I arrive to Quality inn Woodside ,NY at midnight for rest . the front desk man gave 2 rooms on fifth floor . The floor carpet and inside the rooms looks like a basement of forecloser house, smellyMoldy , damp,filthy ,humid ,infested place. we waited more than one hour outside for the house keeping to spray the carpet and vetilate the room .I got asthma attak .I had no exit for that night . I gave early more than 24 h to check out note to the front desk ,His indian guy .On the 3rd night .He hassle me .He say ok , than he will denie my request. He refuse to give me his manager ,he had no supervisor ,than he accept the cancellation of my 3rd night .On check out time his Indian clerk replacement had act same way . He refuse to aknowldege my cancellation note .I spend in front of the hotel 2h calling Quality inn /Hotel.com .I had no definite answers . I need my reimboursement for 2 rooms of the third night .I advice any ,do not book on hotel .com without seen the room on the spot than book on the web . Please never stay at Quality inn Woodside NY Hotel.com had no support for customer .I complain to the manager I gave all detail .He does not care about my health /confort and protect my right ,I lost my $ 847.4. it is a ripp off enhance by Hotel.com.

Room Tip: don't book on line til you see the rooms .It was a damp place not acceptable for your dog to bre...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I travel to Manhattan often, staying where I get 'the best' price. I've stayed in good areas, and not so good areas.
Being safe walking to and from the subway station is key for me. I usually travel with a friend or my daughters and walking through some NYC neighborhoods has been a little sketchy at times. This was not one of those 'sketchy' neighborhoods. I felt extremely safe going to and from the subway station, even at night. Bonus is it's not a far walk at all from the hotel. Less than 5 minutes, 1 block perhaps! I also like that the train station was manned which made me feel even safer. Be sure to ask at the desk which station is manned. There are 2 of them at the end of the street.

The hotel is very clean and beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was pleasant enough.
I'd have to say the only negative for me was the breakfast. Sure, it's free...why complain. However, the price IS built into the price of the room(don't kid yourself) - so let's make it a little more appetizing. If you like huge sugary donuts you're all set. Other than that...nothing to write home about. Oh, and the OJ isn't OJ but a sunny delight type drink - very sweet, and NO cream for coffee! WHAT is that all about? At least offer some cream. Fortunately the coffee was good and I didn't need to mask the flavor. However, I wasn't too pleased with the attendant who was replenishing the food. His personality, or lack thereof, left a lot to be desired.
Parking is VERY limited. Ask the hotel if the surrounding neighborhood is for residents only. I would be ok if I had to leave my car on the street.
If you get the room for under $135, it's well worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank GlamBecca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
Quality Inn Long Island City
Quality Inn Long Island City
#14 of 28 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 380 reviews
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#23 of 28 in Long Island City
Sleep Inn - Long Island City
#7 of 28 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 832 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#3 of 28 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 409 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!