“Stay Away...!!!”

Quality Inn Woodside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Worst hotel ever I have stayed so far. This is the the 1st time I am submitting my review on TripAdvisor. Refrigerator DONT WORK, Internet DONT WORK message comes up saying "Too many subscribers are already logged, Please try again later." , TV channels DONT WORK, elevator takes 15 minutes to come on 5th floor. Breakfast was fine but breakfast area has 3 tables so there is no space to have break fast. Over priced hotel, i paid $160 and tax. Bed sheet and pillow had hairs on them.They didnt change the coffee mug daily, even when we asked them and request to them.

ONLY one thing good about hotel is its location

Room Tip: dont stay ever.. mean ever..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a five day four night visit for St patricks Day and to visit family so we selected this hotel as it was in a good location, near to Manhattan as well as Queens with had good links to Long Island. The accommodation was claen and comfortable, and well priced for a budget hotel. The overall service was good, staff were accomodating and friendly. The breakfast are is small but there was nothing to stop you taking breakfast back to your room. If something at breakfast had run out they would quickly replenish it. There were problem with the lifts during our stay but as we were on the first floor, this wasnt an issue. All in all, to be recommended.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Travelling as a single woman I want somewhere that feels safe, but does not cost a fortune. In New York that can be a big ask but this hotel meets my criteria.
I have just stayed a second time and will be visiting again. It's five minutes walk from the 52nd station on the 7 line, so only around 20 minutes into Times Square on the subway. I have always found the reception staff to be more than helpful ( the same young lady always appears to be working during the day and she is very nice and helpful) and have never had any problems with the housekeeping. The rooms are a good size and have everything needed.
In short I find it a excellent hotel, at a bargain price for New York and would recommend it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Zhoecjm
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I really wanted my first trip to New York to be special and it was except for Quality Inn Woodside. The staff was very unprofessional and often down right rude. My husband is 70 years old,I am 60 and five out of our ten day trip,the elevator was broken so we had to walk up and down four flights of stairs,while the front desk staff just smirked. The smoke alarm in our room went off on it's own and after ten minutes of listening to it the staff came up to fix it only for it to go off again fifteen minutes later. Very annoying! On check-out day we had to haul three large pieces of luggage down four flights of stairs with no help from staff. I will be back to NY but I promise you,I will NEVER stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

elevator dont work from weeks, i was on 5th floor. had alot of bags with me, there where no help from front desk rude housekeepinh. never had towel. good location but i ll never stay at qny qualityinn again

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect for our 2 day visit and couldn't beat the price. Very nice room (no view but we got the last room available) with beautiful furnishings. The bathroom was pristine with granite counter tops and nice tile floor. Breakfast area a little small.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be nice.
1  Thank pat q
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The only place I stay at when I go to New York twice a year! Queens is precious, so many places to visit (Astoria is the best!)... The hotel is super well located, right in front of the subway. You'll be in The City in 15-20 minutes, no hassles and super cool above-ground ride to Manhattan. Great prices, perfect beds, fantastic location, restaurants all around, friendly staff, very clean & quiet. It's my little treasure!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank ElsaLaCubana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#32 of 34 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 34 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
County Inn and Suites Long Island City
County Inn and Suites Long Islan...
#28 of 34 in Long Island City
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#7 of 34 in Long Island City
Hotel Q New York
Hotel Q New York
#1 of 2 in Elmhurst

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!