“Unprofessional”

Quality Inn Woodside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I really wanted my first trip to New York to be special and it was except for Quality Inn Woodside. The staff was very unprofessional and often down right rude. My husband is 70 years old,I am 60 and five out of our ten day trip,the elevator was broken so we had to walk up and down four flights of stairs,while the front desk staff just smirked. The smoke alarm in our room went off on it's own and after ten minutes of listening to it the staff came up to fix it only for it to go off again fifteen minutes later. Very annoying! On check-out day we had to haul three large pieces of luggage down four flights of stairs with no help from staff. I will be back to NY but I promise you,I will NEVER stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2013

elevator dont work from weeks, i was on 5th floor. had alot of bags with me, there where no help from front desk rude housekeepinh. never had towel. good location but i ll never stay at qny qualityinn again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect for our 2 day visit and couldn't beat the price. Very nice room (no view but we got the last room available) with beautiful furnishings. The bathroom was pristine with granite counter tops and nice tile floor. Breakfast area a little small.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pat q
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The only place I stay at when I go to New York twice a year! Queens is precious, so many places to visit (Astoria is the best!)... The hotel is super well located, right in front of the subway. You'll be in The City in 15-20 minutes, no hassles and super cool above-ground ride to Manhattan. Great prices, perfect beds, fantastic location, restaurants all around, friendly staff, very clean & quiet. It's my little treasure!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank ElsaLaCubana
Reviewed January 22, 2013

the rate is good, hotel locates in Latin neighborhood, close to subway, free wifi, free parking (first come first serve), room is mostly clean except dirty carpet in the corner, make sure it is 53rd st., not 53rd ave when search on google, it took up almost 30 minutes to drive around, hotel receptionists don't know the driving directions either.
the staff (young female, south asian) working at the front dest is horrible.
I called the front desk, asking if someone can bring me a coffee bag, since they did not replenish when clean my room, I was told i have to go to hotel lobby to bring it myself. I went to the lobby, she asked me to wait, since someone is bring the coffee to the lobby, I asked why they can not just bring it to my room since they have to bring it to the lobby anyways, she answered: this is not a full servie hotel. I cannot hold my laugh, then she asked me "why do you laugh? did I laugh?" it seems I am not a free person to laugh, then I told her what I read on trip-advisor: 'reviews are not bad, some complains on the front dest service', she said she does not care. I asked for her name, she said that she is not giving her name out. her attitude made me laugh a lot, such a rude hotel receptionist I have met, ever.
she claimed she is the daughter of the hotel owner. if i am her father, i would have kicked her out of the business for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ChinaTourDotCom U
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and sufficiently sized. The beds might come in a little short. Breakfast is pretty good for a budget stay. The biggest plus is the local 7 metro line that is one block around the corner. It helps you getting in and out if Manhattan (e.g. Times Square or Grand Central) without the need for a taxi!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here for Thanksgiving this year only because it was the closest to our son's apartment that had a vacancy. Wish we'd just slept on our son's floor! Parking situation was terrible and the front desk people were inept & unfriendly. Didn't use housekeeping as we didn't want them coming in our room after seeing them and didn't bother even trying to eat the 'free' breakfast after seeing the measly offerings. The room was tiny and the sheets worn & ill-fitting, also towels small & threadbare. Would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phylpot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#32 of 34 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 34 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
County Inn and Suites Long Island City
County Inn and Suites Long Islan...
#29 of 34 in Long Island City
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#7 of 34 in Long Island City
Woodside Motel
Woodside Motel
#2 of 3 in Woodside

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!