“My #1 pick in New York!”

Quality Inn Woodside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The only place I stay at when I go to New York twice a year! Queens is precious, so many places to visit (Astoria is the best!)... The hotel is super well located, right in front of the subway. You'll be in The City in 15-20 minutes, no hassles and super cool above-ground ride to Manhattan. Great prices, perfect beds, fantastic location, restaurants all around, friendly staff, very clean & quiet. It's my little treasure!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank ElsaLaCubana

Reviewed January 22, 2013

the rate is good, hotel locates in Latin neighborhood, close to subway, free wifi, free parking (first come first serve), room is mostly clean except dirty carpet in the corner, make sure it is 53rd st., not 53rd ave when search on google, it took up almost 30 minutes to drive around, hotel receptionists don't know the driving directions either.
the staff (young female, south asian) working at the front dest is horrible.
I called the front desk, asking if someone can bring me a coffee bag, since they did not replenish when clean my room, I was told i have to go to hotel lobby to bring it myself. I went to the lobby, she asked me to wait, since someone is bring the coffee to the lobby, I asked why they can not just bring it to my room since they have to bring it to the lobby anyways, she answered: this is not a full servie hotel. I cannot hold my laugh, then she asked me "why do you laugh? did I laugh?" it seems I am not a free person to laugh, then I told her what I read on trip-advisor: 'reviews are not bad, some complains on the front dest service', she said she does not care. I asked for her name, she said that she is not giving her name out. her attitude made me laugh a lot, such a rude hotel receptionist I have met, ever.
she claimed she is the daughter of the hotel owner. if i am her father, i would have kicked her out of the business for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ChinaTourDotCom U
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and sufficiently sized. The beds might come in a little short. Breakfast is pretty good for a budget stay. The biggest plus is the local 7 metro line that is one block around the corner. It helps you getting in and out if Manhattan (e.g. Times Square or Grand Central) without the need for a taxi!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here for Thanksgiving this year only because it was the closest to our son's apartment that had a vacancy. Wish we'd just slept on our son's floor! Parking situation was terrible and the front desk people were inept & unfriendly. Didn't use housekeeping as we didn't want them coming in our room after seeing them and didn't bother even trying to eat the 'free' breakfast after seeing the measly offerings. The room was tiny and the sheets worn & ill-fitting, also towels small & threadbare. Would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phylpot
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Checking in to this property was horrible... Front desk was rude, no parking! Limited parking is right 10 actual parking spots for a hotel with over 50 rooms! Front desk never answer's the phone and the housekeeper's just walk into your room without knocking! Breakfast is a joke... Orange Juice taste like a orange drink, milk is warm... Breakfast attendant will watch you like a hawk, feels as if youre in prison with a warden watching your every move! It was a horrible 7 day stay, would have changed hotels but most hotels were not available for my entire 7 day stay... I would never stay here again and I advise you not to either!!!

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here... choose a room with 2 double bed's... those rooms are a little b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Free breakfast, free parking and free wifi.
Rooms were cleaned daily, with clean towels given. Room was spacious with a comfy bed, Staff came across friendly and helped whenever needed. Easy to access public transport within 5minute walking distance, and all round great place which I would happily use again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good & clean hotel, friendly staff, very good connection with 7-train (within 15 minutes you're at Times Square). Good deal if you want to visit New York, but don't want to spend 500 $ more for the same hotel in midtown. Breakfast (only donuts & bagels) & breakfast area (only 3 tables/10 seats) is poor if you're used to european hotel breakfast, but don't worry, you're in New York City, you can find breakfast anywhere !! Would definitely go back next time visiting the city !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#32 of 34 in Long Island City
Best Western Plaza Hotel
Best Western Plaza Hotel
#6 of 34 in Long Island City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#27 of 34 in Long Island City
Quality Inn Long Island City
Quality Inn Long Island City
#15 of 34 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
Days Inn Long Island City
Days Inn Long Island City
#33 of 34 in Long Island City

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!