“Great hotel for the price!”

Quality Inn Woodside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodside
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is perfect if you're looking to see the city for half the price of a Manhattan hotel. Free breakfast every morning from 6-10am (cereal, donuts, bagels, eggs, coffee etc.) and free wi-fi. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are super clean and comfortable.

A room with two beds wasn't available when we got there so they gave us two rooms and only charged us for one. You couldn't ask for a better staff.

The hotel location is great. It's a short walk to the 7 train (one block over on 52nd) straight to Times Square/Manhattan. Italian restaurant, Thai restaurant, KFC, and a Starbucks all in walking distance. I'm so glad I saved the money staying in Queens instead of paying the high Manhattan price for the same amenities!

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in, don't get a room on the 1st floor. It's close to the breakfast area...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2012

-Close to train! very short walking distance but was not bothered by the noise of it in the hotel.
-Clean
-Complimentary breakfast!
-good service
-great location!
My husband and I visited NYC from SC and we felt very safe and comfortable staying at THe Quality Inn Woodside.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my 3rd stay at this property. My returning says a great deal. The rooms, though rather small, are well maintained and kept clean. Wi-fi strength and stability are passable. The breakfast bagels are great though the eating area is quite confined. What makes this a great deal is the price and proximity to Manhattan. Taking the 7 train from the Woodside station usually gets you to Times Square in 20 minutes for cheap. There is also a variety of stores and eateries in this neighborhood within easy walking distance. I know I'm repeating myself from previous reviews but this really is a great hotel/home base for visiting the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors away from the elevator or stairwell. This should provide a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a late check in tired from traveling was only staying one night. Woke up out my sleep to a bed bug on my neck . Called front desk to a clerk who didn't care . Asked for a refund since they had no more rooms available and I Only been there for 5 hours. He was rude . This is nasty .

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Aug 3-6. The hotel is located very close to the 52nd subway on line 7, about 2-3 minutes walk, no more! 15 minute ride to Grant Central, amazing! Hotel is right across from cemetery, which didn't bother us, it was actually very quiet to sleep at night. We loved very fast free wi-fi in our room. Parking is limited, when we came back from driving around at 11pm, there were no parking spots at the back; however, after speaking with receptionist, we were offered a parking spot right in front of the hotel entrance door, just off the sidewalk - VIP spot! Breakfast area really is limited, about 3 tables. We grabbed food and went up to our room to eat. Breakfast was free and included coffee, decaf, tea, bananas, egg pancakes, donuts, bread, bagels, cereal, milk, jams, cream cheese and apple/orange juice. Room was clean, TV had good channels. Overall impression - we will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hotel rooms in New York City ate generally pricey, tiny, and sometimes have disturbing surprises (rats in the Westpark Hotel be Columbus Circle. I found this hotel while visiting a friend in Queens. Two blocks away from the subway, immaculately clean, sufficient space. Two minor quibbles; the air conditioning made the room either too hot too cold, and the maintenance staff leaves something to be desired. The valve for holding the water in the tub didn't work and the maintenance man showed me how it worked. I already knew that, I said, it won't hold water. "Well, it does slow down how quickly it runs out!". Sigh. Otherwise, this is the place where I'll be staying when I come to New York.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My daughter her two children and I spent three nights here in June as part of a Utah to the east coast car trip. It was a very clean and inexpensive alternative to staying in Manhattan. The subway is close and easy to navigate and the neighborhood offers several restaurants should you get back from the city early enough.
The rooms are not huge but well kept and the bathroom was clean and towels plentiful. As other have mentioned the parking is limited but as we had a spot the first night on arrival behind the hotel and took the subway daily we never moved the car.
Breakfast included bagels, doughnuts, cereal, yogurt round scrambled egg patties. There are only 3 or 4 tables in the small breakfast area so most people took breakfast back to their rooms.
The last morning my granddaughter and I were stuck in the elevator (we were on the 3rd floor) for a short time. We did figure out that the elevator doors would not open on the third floor and were able to go done to the lobby and then walk up to our room. My grandson was "stuck" a half hour later with a gentleman who was claustraphobic; luckily I had warned him what to do and he also complained to the front desk. We were in the process of checking out and I mentioned, the sticky elevator, the fact that my daughter and I had to transverse the stairs several times and that my grandson (with asthma) had trouble getting back up to the room because of the elevator; and was now using his inhaler in the car trying to get breathe the front desk staff offered no apologies. Guess if I ever stay there again I will ask for a ground floor room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodside
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#34 of 34 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 34 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#7 of 34 in Long Island City
Woodside Motel
Woodside Motel
#2 of 3 in Woodside

Been to Quality Inn Woodside? Share your experiences!