“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I can be found here at least once a week. It's a great restaurant and when you're a local the owners will get to know you really quick!

I just wanted to post to correct the "Professor", this place is in fact in Woodside, but as 50th street is the first street of the border, our neighborhood still has the Sunnyside vibe.

They're just opening up now, so my husband and I are putzing about getting ready to go down for our Sunday iced coffee's. Debating between a bagel or the waffles this morning. Always fun to have too many great options!

• Visited August 2013

Monterrey, Mexico
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friends and I stopped at this cafe in Queens. We all ordered the salads and thought they were good - no complaints. Our waitress had a great personality.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Good Start, Little Rough Around the Edges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were very pleased to find this cafe with a great atmosphere (cramped when busy) in Sunnyside (not Woodside, by the way). They do quite a busy take-out business and the menu ranges from salads to sandwiches to deserts. Coffee is good and they serve beer and wine. Music level was appropriate for conversation (Is restaurant is responsible for the real estate agent loudly doing her business on her cell on a Sunday? Your call). Service was a little slow when it was not busy. Bathroom clean. I would have given 4 stars but the Caeser Salad came with piping HOT sliced chicken on top of the lettuce. Owner and/or manager need to work with kitchen staff and on service. Will give them another chance next time I'm in the neighborhood. As others indicate, though, this is an unusual and welcome addition to Sunnyside. In order to do better, however, they do need to work out the service and food issues.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Fantastic little cafe in a fantastic part of Queens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Love the vibe in this warm hearted cafe.gorgeous beef chilli and great sandwiches.reminds me of visiting my grannies.staff are very friendly too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Finally, I've found my home. A cafe that wouldn't be out of place in Manhattan or Paris in my humble neighborhood in...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

Finally, I've found my home. A cafe that wouldn't be out of place in Manhattan or Paris in my humble neighborhood in Queens. To top it off it has great coffee and even better sandwiches. There is a God.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook