“Absolutely amazing”

Add it.
Woodridge Segway Tours
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Woodridge
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was there with a group of 10 and this place is truly an amazing place. We had a great time. They were a pleasure to deal with and the staff was very friendly. We are lopoking forward to going there again this summer.

2  Thank extracheese

Reviewed April 3, 2012

always have a good time here.to the person or people who did not have a good time.I have always found the segways well maintained and have a good time.lets not forget you r not taking a tour in a city with much to see.it is in a small town and not major city with much to see.this attraction is really geared to the summer visitors of the Catskills as well as summer camps.whenever i pass the place the visitors always seem to be having agood time.i will agree with you that the guide could be a bit more enthusiastic.then again anyone can simply b having a bad day

2  Thank mrcarats
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I toured with these guys - yes its not a 3 hr ride - thats not what they offer. The trail is besutiful exactly what is shown on their website.
Its a nature trail in a beautiful setting. All our units were fine and everyone was provided a helmet even a hair net!
Had a totaly different experience.

2  Thank sunsoaked62
Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you are looking for a peaceful ride through a boring path, then this segway adventure meets you needs. Don’t expect to see interesting sights riding a top notch segway. It’s advertised as a 90 minute tour, when in fact it can take as little as 40 minutes. We had taken our first Segway tour in a big city and absolutely loved it. I could not wait to do it again. In that case the company was very professional, safety-conscious, informative and interesting. We expected the same from Woodridge but got the complete opposite.
The office is located in what might be considered a trailer or other temporary building. You are greeted by your escort who is less than enthusiastic. There are no bathrooms, so go before you get there; otherwise you can use the porta-potties about a half mile away. There is no safety video and no group instruction. You should wear a helmet but you are asked if you brought your own because they may not have enough. The guide will scout around for one for you. The segways are all waiting outside the building and you get to choose the one you want (they are all slightly different). The segways don’t seem to be charged in between rides, but then again the ride is so short, they probably don’t need to be, at least you hope there’s enough charge to get you back. Most of the approximately 12 segways had bald tires. One that looked fairly decent seemed to have alignment issues and was told it was brand new and had not been broken in yet. So you have a choice; a new one that veers to the left or an old one with bald tires.
Instruction is individual for all of one minute. One person in our group was not even told how to stop. You get to ride around the parking lot for as long as it takes for your group to gather. Then you are led across the street into a bumpy dirt path, which actually starts to hurt after a few minutes of bumping up and down. There is absolutely nothing to see except a small lake. It’s about 15 minutes in each direction. The guide accompanies you, but actually not the whole time. The guide basically just fixed the several segways that stalled or to fixed the segway’s height adjustment that loosened on one. Another issue was that the “non-broken in” segway kept losing its power and was difficult to steer because of the alignment.
Luckily because of my wonderful first experience with a segway I knew how to ride and the risks involved. The pre-ride orientation of my first tour built my confidence and calmed my nerves. It’s actually quite easy. If this had been my first ride, I would have been shaking the entire trip and never want to do it again. The condition of the segways was so poor I felt that it was an accident waiting to happen. For this Woodridge tour I kept wishing for it to be over and was actually glad the advertised 90 minutes was only 45. (My first segway tour was close to 3 hours.) Luckily the weather was beautiful so it was a nice day to be outside, but I would have preferred to walk.
After this Woodridge experience I have no desire to do it again in a rural area where there is no “tour”. I much prefer the tours where there are some interesting sights and small challenges, such as riding in crowded tourist areas and crossing major streets. I also prefer to deal with professional companies that make safety their top priority even though the price is considerably more.

2  Thank Want2travelallaround