“Pretty good”
Review of Laguna Grille - CLOSED

Laguna Grille
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was staying at a nearby hotel and needed to grab a bite to eat before a wedding. I read they were gluten friendly on their website so I decided to check it out.

I was alone, and basically looked at like I had 20 heads when I was dining by myself (doesn't phase me, I do this all the time at home). I'm from an affluent area but this was like...on steroids. I didn't realize so many people didn't have jobs to be at on a Friday but that's besides the point.

My wonderful waiter directed me towards gluten friendly meals and I ordered a salad with salmon. I ate it and it was delicious, but unfortunately got sick soon after at home. I'm incredibly gluten sensitive and this could've just been from cross contamination with counters and crumbs (which isn't necessarily their fault..it happens unless a restaurant is gluten dedicated)

The location, decor and food was wonderful. Just wish I didn't get sick!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Laguna, it is our go to place! I have been many many times! Crowded and a little noisy, but always fun and great food and drinks! We will be dining there again this week! Cant wait!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

A great mix of Mexican, Cuban and Carribean flavors. Nice, casual relaxed setting with a varied menu including great salads for those seeking a lighter option. Friendly accommodating waiters, large portions and reasonable prices make people come back time and again. Family friendly, but also a good place to meet friends. The Mojitos are first rate!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The reason that we went here was because my friend's 12 year old girl insisted. They served tortilla chips along with plantain chips for the table. These are edible, but after waiting over 40 minutes to have our order taken, while other tables that were seated at least 10 minutes after us already were eating their food, the chips lost their appeal. My friend's daughter ordered chicken fingers and fries. Apparently, they were not as good as she had remembered. She also ordered a chocolate shake, which she thought was spoiled, so it was returned. I ordered tapas--a tuna taco and salmon croquettes. The tuna was a very low grade, and as I ate it I worried about getting food poisoning from it. The salmon croquettes were very dry and old looking, as if they had been reheated many times over the course of a week. Even though they were dry outside and chewy, they were also oily--very saturated with oil. My friend ordered the spinach artichoke dip and really couldn't eat much of it--it had a weird flavor because instead of being made with regular artichokes,it was made from sun chokes (Jerusalem artichokes), which have a different taste that made it unappetizing. The other member of our party had a salmon burger, that was very small and totally overwhelmed by the bun. My friend ordered a glass of sangria, but it didn't arrive until we were almost finished with our food. We repeatedly asked for water and salsa, which never arrived. The waiter was strangely familiar in his behavior towards us--winking at us, smiling as if he knew a secret, and being unctuously solicitous, but then disappearing for long periods of time, and not coming back with our water or salsa, or for that matter the disgusting food. Then he acted as if he had short-term memory loss, because when we reminded him of what he was supposed to bring, he never apologized for not bringing it up to that point, and instead acted as if this were a new request! Don't eat here unless you are desperate.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is good, but it is extremely noisy! Great salads, wraps, tapas & drinks. This is a good place to go during off hours, when you can enjoy your meal and carry on a conversation. Slow service, but the chips and salsa keep you occupied.