“Average at best”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The only reason I did not rate this place lower is the service and friendliness of the staff. I ordered a strip steak with fries. The fries were string fries that obviously were frozen and from a bag, that is a disgrace for a place that considers itself and upscale steakhouse. How hard is it to cut some potatoes and make fresh fries. The steak itself was decent but there was no seasoning on it at all. For the price point there are many better options.

There are newer reviews for Majors Steak House

Reviewed June 13, 2014

If you come here, definitely order some kind of steak entree , that's what this place is for. Everything delicious and made to order. A friend of mine also ordered chicken salad and that was also good and of high quality. The restaurant is clean and the service is good. A bit pricy but you get what you pay for. Will return when I'm in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate at Majors on Saturday evening May 10, 2014 with two other couples. There was a 40 minute wait which gave us time to talk and have a drink with friends we have not been with since returning from FL. The bar was full so we hung outside with the smokers which was not to my liking but inside was packed. When we were seated we ordered appetizers. Three of us had delicious French onion soup made to perfection. Others ordered three sliders to share, fried onion rings, and shrimp cocktail. My wife and I along with another couple decided to order and share a 27oz. rib eye for two. Theirs came and was huge. Ours was smaller cut into two. We were disappointed in our portions. After dining out for so many years you can get screwed on the size when sharing and we did. Next time we'll order the single 12oz. Having ordered our steaks rare they arrived uncooked inside and were RAW and MOOING. They were sent back and when they were recooked they were medium rare and quite delicious. The sides of baked potatoes and cut fries were good. All in all a good night after a initial issue. The bill split 6 ways without tip was $76 per couple which was reasonable. I definitely would come back with the caveat of ordering individual portions medium rare.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My kids were back from college and we decided to go to an old staple of ours, Majors Steakhouse in Woodbury! We heard they were closing and wanted to take one last visit there. They had a great pre fixe dinner and the food was delicious and hot as usual. Never a complaint at this place. The staff is so nice and attentive - just so sad to see them close down!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

You should never go there on a Saturday because that is the most crowded. We did not get our food for an hour or so! I got there at about 6:00 and we left at about 7:30! When I got my pasta I wanted it with butter and it had butter and it tasted like it had tomato sauce on it so I asked for parmesan cheese for the pasta and the pasta tasted much better but the problem was I was eating all of my mommy's filet mignon so I knew I should have gotten it for myself!