“Great Post Party Stayover”

Best Western Woodbury Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here with my husband after an affair at The Fox Hollow. We live only 50 minutes away, but it was so pleasant not to have had to drive home late and tired. We arrived about 3 hours before our party. There is a lovely upscale shopping center across the street. While my husband had a sandwich at Ben's deli I treated myself to a makeup application at Elizabeth Arden Salon. We then checked in. Reception was polite. We were in room 207. First floor parked right in front. Motel style. The room was clean and had a small fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV, separate sink and large vanity area. Small clean bathtub. Bed and pillows comfortable. Reception called us at 7:15 to offer us a complimentary shuttle to the Fox Hollow. Nice touch. Slept till 9am! Headed over to the breakfast area and enjoyed hot coffee and muffins before heading home. If your attending an affair in this area Best Western is a smart choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SueZCue

Reviewed January 6, 2013

staff was wonderful, rooms were excellent, coffee 24 hours a day, breakfast was average:bagels, eggs, cereal. fruit, pastries, juices. Had afternoon soup available that was absolutely fantastic. Diner and shopping within walking distance

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a wedding at Fox Hollow - one traffic light away. The room was clean and efficient, there was a refrigerator in the room and hot and cold drinks in the lobby. We had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have experienced many hotels but the Woodbury best western are among the greater sites that I visited. The excellent professionalism that's shown each stay, the front desk have always welcomed me with a smile. The clean room's that I've slept in are reassuring that I will get a good nights rest. Then I wake up to a hot meal in their dinning area. Good deal for the money spent.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are wonderful, try them.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and myself looked frantically for a pet friendly hotel on the Island when Sandy hit!.

We were delighted to be welcomed by the warm staff of Best Western Woodbury Inn.
The manager and staff could not have been more accomodating!. We stayed in the executive suite which was large and very comfortable and very clean. If I couldn't be in my own home this place was the place to stay. Marc and Stacie and Kathy and Celine and Doug took great care of us!.
The cleaning group led my Maria took care to make sure our messy room was spotless whenever we returned at the end of a long day. I give this place a 10!!!! Thanks Ann and Frank and our doggie Domino

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms. Both rooms were clean and well kept Executive suites have sofa and...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ann k
Reviewed December 10, 2012

After hurricane Sandy, this place was my home. The owner of the hotel either cooked or ordered food for everyone the first week after the storm.

Once life returned to normal the hotel was great.

This is what is Awesome about the place.
1. People - The staff was excellent. Doug, who looks like he could play the part of a mafia boss, provided great conversation late at night in the lobby as well as great travel advice for the rest of the world. Celene was hilarious! Staci's smile welcomed me every morning at breakfast! You will not find a better team of people at a lodging facility within 100 miles of this place. There are so many more to list, but I must move on.

2. The Free Stuff - Coffee, Juice and Water 24/7. Free Breakfast with great bagels, eggs, waffles, pastries and more. Free soup in the evenings a couple times a week. Free shuttle with a train station about 3 minutes away. Internet is free here too.

3. Great Rooms - Clean good linens, comfortable beds, modern TV, Desk etc.

4. Quiet and Safe - The only time things would get loud would be if a wedding party was at the hotel. They deserve to make some noise though. In the month I spent in the hotel, nothing was stolen, and no vehicles were broken into.

Here is what could improve.
1. Weather - New York was cold and rainy, I recommend they do something about that.

2. Wifi Service on the North side of the building. Coverage was decent, could be better.

3. More Places to Eat Nearby

I would highly recommend staying here. If I ever return to Long Island this will be my fist choice.

Oh and if you really want to have an experience, request to stay in 111.

Room Tip: Southern facing rooms are interesting. The lobby is where all the action is. The farther from the l...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the Woodbury Best Western for one night after attending a wedding down the road. let me say, WOW! Although the hotel is set back and at first glance seems alittle outdated... The property itself is landscaped beautifully and very well taken care of. The lobby has such a warm quaint country feel to it and the rooms are impeccably clean!!!!!! The continental breakfast they serve in the morning is beautifully setup and delicious! you can tell the staff takes pride in doing their jobs for they were extremely friendly and helpful! We checked in extremely late at night and the man at the desk was fast and attentive to our needs! Overall, this was one of THE best experiences I've ever had staying at a hotel and goes to show that alittle time, effort and care can make anyone's stay delightful whether it's at a modern flashy overpriced hotel, or a quiet, set back cozy little hotel in Woodbury, NY :)

• Stayed: November 2012
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear meximix,

Thank you for the excellent review of our Best Western Woodbury Inn. We really love to hear feedback from our guests as it is affirmation to the enjoyment of delivering the best in service. Thank you also for the great breakfast compliments.

We hope to see you again soon!!

Marc Soblick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to Best Western Woodbury Inn? Share your experiences!