“OK for a short stay, strange service”

Best Western Woodbury Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Based on other reviews here, we selected this hotel for a short stay for business meetings nearby.

The hotel makes an OK impression; it is older, but well kept up. The rooms certainly are clean. The breakfast features waffles, various juices, yogurt, cereals, etc. Quite good for a few days.

Two things stick out, however, that make it less than ideal.

For one, the bed sheets could not be made of poorer material. Who still uses 200 thread count rough poly/cotton material? Horrible and uncomfortable. Also, the pillows were all thick and unwieldy. Why not have a few thinner or more moldable pillows available?

The other issue I had was the way the front desk handled our payment. Without getting into details, they charged my credit card when I specifically said I would use another form of payment, and in the end, they charged me about $50 less than would have been due for the two rooms, stating that it was OK and we shouldn't worry about it. What a strange way of doing accounting. I'm not convinced the auditor will be happy about this.

The price seemed a bit high, even with AAA discount, but this is likely driven by the location the hotel is in more than anything else.

Anyway, yes, for a shorter stay in the area, and if you're less picky than me, you'll find this to be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank okazon69

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Best Western at Woodbury was a great hotel! I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was very kind and caring especially during the night shift. They were very helpful during my stay. The room was extremely clean, with a flat screen television..The complimentary breakfast is great and i love the juice machine..the pool was very inviting and refreshing..
At night the woman behind the counter was very helpful with choosing a great sushi resturant to eat at..she knows her sushi!!!
I would recommend the Best Western Woodbury Inn to everyone. This hotel is great and I was very comfortable! Thanks Best Western,Ill be back very soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Dear Kyle S,

I have shared your comments with the staff and they were happy to know that they made your stay a success. Housekeeping works hard to provide a very clean, comfortable, guestroom and they appreciated your feedback. We put forth great effort in making our pool and sundeck an welcoming escape after a long day. Thank you also for the breakfast compliments.

We hope you will be back soon!

hello -

just wanted to send out to whoever reads these that i had a wonderful time when i stayed at your hotel. the girl at the front desk with the blonde hair was very accommodating and courteous. any staff member i ran into treated me as if i were royalty. the complimentary breakfast was perfect and so convenient for my husband and i. The rooms were so much more than i expected. everything was clean, and thumbs up for the TV!!

thanks for the great time.
i'll be sure to recommend this this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Echecc16,

Thank you for the excellent review. We have no problem hearing compliments, praise, applause, etc. We are happy that you enjoyed our deluxe breakfast and even happier that we were able to provide the assistance that you needed.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had a wedding in the area so chose to stay at the best western. The location was close to the venue and it was priced great. The room was clean and comfortable. Not being from the area we got lost finding the hotel but when we called the desk manager was able to direct us to the hotel. Then once we were there we releaized we had forgot to pack everything we needed and the person at the desk was able to help us find the right stores as well as a good place to get some quick food. It was great having people so helpful. We definitely plan to stay there again for the next cousins wedding!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Scott G

We appreciate the all of the great feedback! I am always happy to hear when our guests have great experiences. We are centrally located within a 1 mile radius to all of the Woodbury Catering halls such as Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury Country Club, The Woodlands, Oheka Castle, The Fox Hollow, and the North Ritz Country Club. We pride ourselves on our secluded lodge feel in the heart of Nassau County and the fact that we provide Comfortable, Clean, and friendly location at an affordable rate.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Woodbury

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family needed to be in Bayville, NY last month for a funeral. Bayville, while lovely, is not a hot spot for hotels, so we looked in the vicinity. While some of the family stayed at other hotels my brother & I chose the Best Western Woodbury Inn, mainly because of it's proximity and the fact that they had free wifi. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out one of the nights we wanted to stay, so after 1 night at the BW we went to another hotel for what we expected to be the rest of our trip. After 1 night in that other hotel we went right back to the Best Western. The 2 did not compare. The entire staff at the Best Western was so helpful and pleasant. The rooms were VERY comfortable, quiet, nice quality beds & fluffy pillows, good use of space and very clean. We both appreciated the mini fridge, as we were running around a lot with family stuff & late night snacks were a must. There was ample parking and a very inviting pool. Unfortunately we never got to try the breakfast, but the little business center desk in the lobby was great for printing out our boarding passes the night before we were to fly home, and the woman at the front desk was very helpful getting us online. We occupied a total of 4 rooms during our fractured stay, and I would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with any of them. It was not only close to family but close to shopping & restaurants as well. The diner across the street was a gift on one late night and another very early morning. How I miss NY diners, where you can get just about anything at any hour! If I get to travel to the area again, hopefully under happier circumstances, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear brainofkjf,

We wanted to thank your for your excellent feedback. I have shared the comments with the team and we are all very happy that your stay was a success. We really take great pride in seeing that our guests are happy. Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was visiting family way out east on the Island and decided to spring for a hotel rather than head back upstate. I wasn't expecting much out of my stay at the Best Western Woodbury Inn - just a bed and a shower - but I was completely blown away by this hotel! All of the staff were super accommodating and seemed genuinely excited to be there. My job has me in hotels pretty often so I've gotten pretty good at telling when people are faking and when they're sincere; the staff here were definitely the latter.

Anyway... I can't tell if they just did a renovation or if they take really excellent care of their facility. Either way, this place was absolutely spotless and in great condition. The flat-screen TV was a nice touch. I didn't have breakfast but the spread looked way decent. Maybe next time I'll skip the family visit altogether and just have a staycation here!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
WoodburyGM, General Manager at Best Western Woodbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Ruuuhhy,

We greatly appreciate your review of the Best Western Woodbury Inn. Our goal is to provide a superior stay at an affordable price and I am happy to hear that we are consistently achieving this result. We offer our Deluxe Breakfast 7 days a week which includes eggs, waffles, NY Bagels, yogurt muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, oatmeal, danish, donuts, and other freshly baked items.

We hope we will see you again on your next trip to Long Island.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western in Woodbury for 2 nights in July. We were extremely happy with the friendly staff, amenities, and responsible service provided for us during the weekend. The rooms were perfect - already extra pillows and extra towels - (huge with me), solid tv... soaps and shampoos, etc. At one point, my stomach issues created a sticky situation with our toilet, so we called the front desk. After heading out for a couple of hours, upon returning, we found a nice little card left for us, explaining that everything had been taken care of while we were away, and they even left these little chocolate pieces in the shape of hammers.... very cute.... the wifey loved that. Overall - excellent experience!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Vanillaschwartz,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Woodbury Inn. It is our goal to provide a comfortable stay, an "ultra clean" guestroom, and caring and compassionate service to exceed all of your needs. We hope you will be back again soon! Thank you for the kind words.

Marc Soblick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to Best Western Woodbury Inn? Share your experiences!