“Nothing special”

Sage Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Ate here a while ago but it is quite different from it's sister restaurant , Sage Bistro in Bellmore, which happens to be one of our favorites. The menu is different and this place seems a little more expensive. The service and ambiance are a bit different also. Brighter lighting and staff is a little off putting. Not to say it's a bad place but we won't be back.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went here for lunch after a nearby restaurant was closed. Very happy that happened as I was very pleased with this restaurant!

Cozy, bistro-like atmosphere with some French accents. Clean, modern. Service was friendly and professional, although a bit slow.

Clientele seemed to mostly consistent of lunching ladies and business-types, likely because it was a weekday and the time of day.

Food was great. The steak tartare (called "filet mignon tartare" here) was quite good and very flavorful; spiced differently than other steak tartares I've had. The salad was terrific (I had one with fresh lobster).

Prices were not terrible, although not cheap.

I greatly enjoyed my time here. I liked the atmosphere. I liked the service. I thought that the food was fresh, tasty, and quite good. This is a place I would likely go back to if I were in the area again.