“Wonderful Hotel Accomadations”

The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed December 4, 2013

From check in to check out this is a wonderful experience. The staff is very accommodating and the rooms are well maintained and quite comfortable. We have been staying here for years and the hotel and staff just seem to be getting better and better.
The lobby has a roaring fireplace as does the dining room where free breakfast is served. Everything you could ask for and more.
This is a must stay when on Long Island.

Room Tip: This is a very spread out hotel. Request a room close to the lobby on any of the floors. That will...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at The Inn At Fox Hollow overnight for a wedding. It was beautiful and everybody who worked there was so friendly and helpful.
The room was huge and had, not only a full size refridgerator, but a stove as well and a full kitchen!
The setting was gorgeous and the bath tub very large. Truly, I could live there for a month! We were sorry to leave!

We'd love to go back for a long stay!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

A warm and comfortable place to stay. Unfortunately I didn't take random silly pictures of dents dings or minor dirt.... It's a hotel with thousands of guest. Get over yourself!
Didn't notice anything other than a nice inn. Great colors outstanding bathroom. Clean and very comfy bed! Beautiful fire place in lobby. The complimentary breakfast was very good. Eggs bacon home fries fresh toast ect. We'll done. Would stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Last month (October 2013) I stayed at the Inn at Fox Hollow for two consecutive nights, in two different rooms, along with some friends and family.

The food was fine, parking is fine, and the location is good, near lots of other things in nearby Syosset -- LIRR, diners, restaurants, coffee joints, drug stores, etc. The rooms themselves are nice, seemingly all suite style, with a living room area and couch, kitchenette area, big bed, big bathrooms. So far, so good.

First night, some family staying in another room had to have their AC unit removed and replaced, but the new unit didn't work either. They were given a big fan to use with open windows. Ultimately they received a free night, which seems fair, but doesn't quite make up for the disruption and lost sleep.

Second night, I asked about the AC level in my room; out goes our AC unit, and in with a new one, which worked fine. Again, the disruption was frustrating.

My biggest problem with the hotel is the seeming lack of consideration of the staff in controlling the noise in and around the hotel.

My first night I called the front desk after 2am asking them to do something about the five or six people talking and laughing loudly in the courtyard by the pool. I had my windows closed, but these people were loud. The front desk said they'd call Security. The next day I noticed signs stating the pool and courtyard are closed at 10pm. Sounds nice, but it doesn't mean much if you don't enforce it.

Second night, different room, I notice loud bass sounds coming from the Fox Hollow next door (the Inn is next to the Fox Hollow catering and event halls). Not to be outdone by the earlier noise from next door, the fire alarm system in the hotel goes off around 5am. Some people evacuated, fire trucks showed up, the whole deal. I was told it was due to the hotel kitchen burning food in preparation for breakfast. Fun for all.

For what they charge at this hotel, I expected more. I'll go out of my way to avoid staying here in the future.

Room Tip: The internal rooms face the courtyard, which may or may not have people in it in the middle of the n...
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I blocked rooms at this hotel for my wedding at the Chateau Briand- i really wish i hadn't. Although the hotel itself is beautiful, everything else is terrible. Below is the email i sent to management. I was far from a bridezilla- future bride-to-be's please read and make sure they don't screw up on your wedding day. My wedding was perfect and the only frustration and issues happened with this hotel:

I have to express my dissatisfaction with your hotel. I had 10 rooms blocked for my wedding on 10/12 and had too many hiccups.

1) in the beginning, response time was slow- but then you girls did improve - thank you for that

2) providing a shuttle van that fits only 6 people and having to wait an hour in-between for a total of 20 people being transported shocked me- this really caused much aggravation on my wedding day as my parents arrived late due to not being picked up on time and having to wait over an hour- had i known in advance you'd be providing such a small passenger car, i would have setup my own limo service and saved a lot of frustration.

3) The breakfast was disgusting- i understand it's included, but you should really make a better effort.

4) I’m now hearing that some of my hotel guests got the wrong goody bag? This really infuriates me as a spent much time and money on them and the wrong bags received were no where near as full or though out as the bags i spent a lot of time making and purchasing things for. I can't believe your establishment gave the wrong bags to my guests

I'm sure more will start coming in as i just got back from my honeymoon- but i hope your establishment gets their act together so future bride to be's are saved the frustration i had to go through and be as annoyed as i was then and am now.

2  Thank KathyMasl
innatfoxhollow, General Manager at The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for contacting us with feedback from your wedding room block at our hotel. We take our guests feedback seriously so that we can either praise our staff for a job well done or learn ways that we can improve.

I researched the issue with the complimentary shuttle and our records indicate that you were aware we were providing a shuttle of this size and that you confirmed shuttles times based on the occupancy of 6 people.

We take great pride in delivering Above & Beyond service and extend a sincere apology that we were unable to meet your needs during your stay with us. Please feel free to call me at 516-224-8180.

Suzanne Francica

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a wedding at the Fox Hollow and decided to stay the night. The hotel was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. They room had a living room area and and a separate room for the bedroom. The rooms had a kuerig coffee maker and an apple computer which was a nice surprise. The rate included a full buffet breakfast which was very good. I liked the hotel set up. The bar area lead to the outdoor pool area. Very happy with my stay and I would go back!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came here because of a family wedding that was being held close by and we were pleasantly surprised. All of the staff we met were very kind and accommodating, and we were really surprised because we thought we were going to get some of that New York atittude that people talk about. The grounds are beautiful, the room is well kept, the food is good, including the complementary dinners that are offered, and the beds were terrific. We have no complaints and would stay again here if we were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center

Been to The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel? Share your experiences!