“Lobster night every Wednesday!”
Review of Volpe Ristorante

Volpe Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Volpe Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 135
Transit: Syosset Station on the LIRR.
Description: Volpe Restaurant & Lounge features Italian inspired cuisine with a twist! Elegant decor and award winning cuisine pair to make this one of the North Shore's finest restaurants. Weekly specials and Holiday events
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wonderful elegant experience. I had a delicious 2 lb lobster! $42 included a soup and a salad. the room was nicely apointed with table cloths and flowers and everyone enjoyed the meal. They had a piano player as well.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After working all day at a location next to the restaurant, we saw the "LobsterWednesday"special noted in the lobby of the hotel next door so we decided to treat ourselves. This was no treat. When we got there there were two rooms in the restaurant: one completely empty and the other completely full. We found out that the reason one was completely empty was because it contained an amplified piano player that was so loud you couldn't hear the conversation of the person sitting next to you. The room that was full wasn't any better as we got seated next to a table of six cackling hens.

The next disappointment was that they were all out of lobster by a little after 8PM so there went the whole concept of getting something special. We were starved by then so we ordered anyway and while the food was tasty, the whole experience was a real disappointment.

2  Thank Stan P
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Contrary to what many might think, jazz night at a restaurant can also offer up an outstanding meal. You are definitely not sacrificing a great meal to hear some great jazz at the Fox Hollow. As a matter of fact, my double thick lamb chops were the best I've ever had, and I've had lamb chops at some of the world's finest restaurants. They we're cooked just right, juicy and bursting with flavor. My wife's veal in a light cream sauce, which she ordered from the fixed price menu, was also outstanding. And the service could not have been better. We arrived about an hour before the music began and stayed for almost two hours after. To say that the jazz was magnificent would be an understatement. A pianist, a bassist and a drummer were all masters at their instruments and were still plaing when we left. I should mention that the band allowed some budding young musicians and singers to entertain for a few numbers. All were good. We had an absolutely delightful evening. We used to go into Manhatten for our jazz fixes, but not any more. I highly recommend the Fox Hollow for a terrific Monday night out.

1  Thank mayortony
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've heard many decent comments about the Fox Hollow Inn and the Rose and Hunt Restaurant, but the one caveat we hear always seems to be about the food for large parties. 4 months ago my wife and I attended a 40th Anniversay party for 40 people, and yesterday a 100-person evening party for a christening. Decor, lighting, settings, cleanliness - all excellent. But on both occasions, the food disappointed.
The dinner roll was too hard and needed a fist pounding to break. Avoid ANY salad with a balsamic vinegar - it made our cheeks curl and lips pucker with its sour and unpleasant taste. The pasta arrived warm with the sauce looking as if it dried up on the way in. And the chicken, while itself a fresh slice of poultry, was just so bland that a caper and artichoke sauce could not help spice up its taste. The accompanying roast potatoes were tasty, but the vegetable medley looked unkempt and droopy. There was just no freshness or excitement to the dinner. And unfortunately, like the pasta, it arrived lukewarm. As for the wait staff, they seemed overwhelmed and rushed, and their apparent "boss" was heard to be nastily growling at one server and abruptly pulled a pad out of another (confused looking) server's hand. (That stuff should go on in the back, not in the public eye)
We think the Fox Hollow is an exciting hotel to visit, but the restaurant needs some immediate attention.

1  Thank Jeanot1945
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Amazing evening start to finish. Chilean Sea Bass was the best I've ever had. Salmon was so fresh. Surf N Turf was splendid, and cooked to perfection. My teenager loved the onion soup. Pianist played Happy Birthday to my daughter and I, while we shared the beautifully presented lava cake. We walked the grounds to top off the evening. The flowers were beautiful even in the dark. These reservations were made approx 45 min prior to our arrival on a Friday night. Service was excellent.